Tunnel?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Love4Bunnies

Reaction score
:| My rabbit has dug a tunnel...its been there for about 2 weeks, I think she has been digging it so she has a place to kindle that is cool and hidden its a huge tunel I cant feel the end or even see the end but just lastnight/this morning it was buried in?! so i dugg the layer of dirt out and a few hours later i came in and she had reburied it? all I can think of is maybe she kindled and is hiding them from the other rabbits but if she does have kits in there will they be okay with a layer of dirt blocking the hole?
And is there anyway i can tell if she has kindled will she have milk?

Closing off the tunnel is normal behaviour if she has kits down there and they should be just fine. Remember that rabbits act mostly on instinct... She is hiding the kits from predators.

If you turn the doe over you may be able to tell if she has kindled. Typically there will be missing fur from the belly, especially around the nipples and you may be able to tell if she has milk.

Back