Trying to keep 3 day old going.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would take out some af the fattier kits for one feeding, maybe again after 2 days. Did work for my runt, and the bigger kits can miss one feeding without problems.

I've taken all the kits away from my doe at night for a couple days now (and she's throwing a fit in the morning "LET ME NURSE"!!) and I've put Hungry and one other sibling in initially, and it's gotten a couple good feedings from that. However, the nine others eventually get this one to the bottom of the pile and it's so weak it doesn't stand a chance of fighting it's way north to dinner. I'm glad Hungry has made it to day six, and I hope to be able to get it to when it can start nibbling on oats, etc. Right now Hungry is eating about two droppers full of formula at a time, but never quite gets to the 'swallowed a marble' stage. So I'm upping the number of times I'm feeding Hungry. Generally, I put it back in with it's littermates when I'm at work, etc, and pull it for feedings. Megan doesn't seem to have a problem keeping the other 9 fed and full, so I know it's something to do with Hungry.

Hungry's sibs look like whales compared to Hungry. <br /><br /> -- Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:41 pm -- <br /><br /> They're cute, tho!

Attachments

• Jun 10 Runt (2).JPG
    Jun 10 Runt (2).JPG
    199.7 KB
  • Jun 10 Runt (3).JPG
    Jun 10 Runt (3).JPG
    87.3 KB
Back