trying again to hive off a discussion on DR name

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Rabbit

Reaction score
MaggieJ":2qx0hpoa said:
:hi: Hello and welcome to RabbitTalk, DR. (I find it difficult to address you as "Dead Rabbit" somehow. ;) )

See you already know one of our members! Hope you enjoy the forum.

not the first time my monicker has caused grief. another site im on, i was asked by a member to change my name because it bothered her. she has two pet rabbits and cant imagine eating them plus her mom is in hospice. i respectfully declined,,,she got mad about me killing and eating rabbits and left....oh well.

I admit, dead rabbit gets me too. I will call you DR, as well. :p Dead Rabbit reminds me of that Dr Demento song, Dead Puppies, which is a fun song if u are in the mood to creep people out. Bursting out in song is funny when it is such a sick one. :)

Hope you like it here.

well, at least everyone will know where you stand...a certian logic there. Welcome!

DR, let me clarify that I have no problem with slaughtering rabbits for meat... That's why I raise them. No doubt I will get used to your username in time. It just conjures up visions of those occasional bad days when you go into the rabbitry and find an unexpected death among the buns.

yeah, thought I might also put, no problems with eating rabbits. I think most people here have no problems with it (also why I have them). It just reminds me of Dead Puppies, the song. :) which is a pretty macrabe song. :p

eco2pia":2choo4ae said:
well, at least everyone will know where you stand...a certian logic there. Welcome!

lol..good point. im not one to mince words. guess the name is fitting.

thanks to all for the welcome<br /><br />__________Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:22 pm ___________<br /><br />
MaggieJ":2choo4ae said:
DR, let me clarify that I have no problem with slaughtering rabbits for meat... That's why I raise them. No doubt I will get used to your username in time. It just conjures up visions of those occasional bad days when you go into the rabbitry and find an unexpected death among the buns.

i just lost a young doe not long ago...first litter. found dead in the nest box...shame.

and soon after my golden doe...a large littter makin doe..tween 8-10 kits per litter. and her offspring would produce tween 9-13 kits..........................she had to be culled. i hated to do it but she got sick, and i couldnt heal her up. i havent found anything to match her yet.

even named her. SADIE GRACE. and i dont name my does. generally.

welcome to all I haven't greeted

DR I am a bit disturbed by your user name honestly - this is not a meat only rabbit board .. if you chose to post only in meat rabbits so be it - I only pop in there when asked to look at the thread specifically by someone and calling you DR works fine for me ...
I think it is a terrible turn off for people who might be vegatarian for example ...

Brody":3760cpt3 said:
welcome to all I haven't greeted

DR I am a bit disturbed by your user name honestly - this is not a meat only rabbit board .. if you chose to post only in meat rabbits so be it - I only pop in there when asked to look at the thread specifically by someone and calling you DR works fine for me ...
I think it is a terrible turn off for people who might be vegatarian for example ...

well Brody. im sorry you feel that way...this is what ive said before, and i stand by it. im not a politically correct person. never have been, never will be. political correctness in all honesty disgusts me, and i feel that "political correctness" that society as a whole likes to force on everyone is part of the problem with the world today. if everyone just let things go instead of letting their delicate sensibilities get stepped on, they and I would be happier in the end.

unless kicked off the sight, i plan on posting where ever i feel i can be an asset, or when/where i can learn something. im all for vegitarians, i feel its a most healthy lifestyle. i was almost there at one time myself....but if a simple monicker stumbles them... :eek:

and with all that said, i definitly dont mean any disrespect to you or anyone else.

it's not about political correctness at all here - it's about respect and tolerance
i'm thinking your "stumbles them.... beep em" is defininately an "in your face" type comment given that this is a family board with members under the age of 13 on it

I'd appreciate it if you'd edit that comment in some way and I'd really appreciate if you consider your choice of name ... I say it like I see it too - and obviously we are on different sides of this. I think a name change would be a tactful choice (DR? VR? whatever you like)

It's not our nature to vet/big brother folks on here but I learned something a LONG time ago (did I mention I am also a bit blunt at times?) that I'd like to share with you if you'll permit?

It's a key question to ask yourself when faced with a request that gets your back up in any way.

The question is

"is this a hill worth dying on?" in other words ... is this an issue that is worth losing friends, face or anything else over?

If it is that big a deal carry on and we'll see how folks feel (lots of people pm or email concerns rather than address them head on)

if your that worried about the above post, you edit it. im not sure if your a moderator, or not. i dont know how this site is set up....but i'll not edit it. if you do, thats ok with me too. if you have the power and/or pull,,,,its your choice.

and i'll not change the name. the site accepted it when i typed it in when registering. so it will stay as long as its up to me, till a higher source cans it.

as for this "hill"..... right or wrong,,i reckon i'll just rely on my lucky rabbits foot to see me through, it didnt do that DEAD RABBIT much good but perhaps it will this one.

yf
-DR-

I don't like editing people's posts and my own sensibilities are not offended by your word choice but I did want you to know some of the members of the audience you were addressing .. you make your choices, you pick your battles ... I think that's enough of this topic on a welcome post ... if you'd like to discuss this further let's move this to it's own thread ...

I hope you sleep on your choices and see what new light sheds on the matter

TANNEDANN you might as well lock this one down too. be the second smartest move you made this AM. and by the way...you were the author of the third one.........this is Hived what ever that means from the original. so that makes 3. least where i come from.

and i wont the author of this one. that was Brodys doing. not mine. my name should NOT be on it as the author. that needs to be corrected. i didnt start any of this.

To clear up YOUR misconception, and anyone else's.... I DID NOT START ANY THREAD ON THIS TOPIC.

Another mod was using the "split thread". The first one didn't work right, and because she's on dial up she didn't SEE that it was loading before she split it a second time.

it loaded in two seperate sections - hence the apology

I had said I would split it off if converstaion continued and I did

you started this thread as it starts from your post on ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back