Trouble breathing???

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nvstickbow

Reaction score
One of my bucks has recently started having difficulty breathing. He doesn't have any snot/mucous at all and I can't find anything that could have caused it. He seems to almost be gasping and sometimes has his mouth open while he is breathing and I can hear kind of a clicking sound as he breathes. Worried about him and not sure what to do. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Pneumonia only indicates inflammation, I guess there are a lot of potential causes. I don't have any successful experience with treating it.

My only experience with it was from a buck I moved in winter, he was fine in a cold place, took a two hour drive in my warm car, and then placed in an outside hutch.
He gasped for breath for two days and then died.
My other outside buns were all fine, but something about the stress of the move or the warm car ride must have set him off.

I also have a buck that has just started making a funny noise when breathing, raspy sounding. No other symptoms. I was thinking pneumonia too but I don't know anything about treating it either.

Back