Tri pattern question

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countryhorse

Reaction score
Hi
We have a blue fawn tri color who only has a couple spots of blue in his pattern.
Will that be a DQ? May let my son use for 4h but if it's a DQ then we could always use him with a harlequin to get more spots if he stays looking as typie as he is so far. Just wondered how many spots they needed. Lol!
Thanks!!

brokens need to have more than 10% color to be showable (or no less than 10% color). Tri is considered the same as brokens.

%

Hi
Thanks I understand that part just didn't know if he needed a certain amount of spots or if he could only have a couple. He is very nice other than didn't get enough spots to look really tri colored.
Thanks
Angela<br /><br />__________ Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:17 pm __________<br /><br />

countryhorse":rohummmh said:
Hi
Thanks I understand that part just didn't know if he needed a certain amount of spots or if he could only have a couple. He is very nice other than didn't get enough spots to look really tri colored.
Thanks
Angela

__________ Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:17 pm __________

Ok, not quite sure what you mean then. A picture would be great, we love pictures :) Is he more solid with only a few spotted places? Or mostly white with not a lot of color spots?

I don't know anything regarding tris, but I think I understand- he is mostly fawn with only a couple of blue spots? And you are asking if it is better to have a more balanced ratio of colors?

MamaSheepdog":yk5hbgpq said:
I don't know anything regarding tris, but I think I understand- he is mostly fawn with only a couple of blue spots? And you are asking if it is better to have a more balanced ratio of colors?

Good question. I do know that a balanced pattern is preferred, not necessarily an even amount of each color, because it's just another broken pattern (at least it is in Standard Rexes) when brokens are shown, after type, balanced markings can mean a placing. I don't know if this is true for mini Rex, but Rex tri colors are shown with brokens, they are just another broken.

Hi
Yes he is a broken and colored well. Ears. Nose. Eyes. Nice blanket pattern so not so spotted. He is not close to being booted just a nice broken. But he doesn't have as many spots as his half brother we have who has won a BIS over 59 other rabbits. I just wondered since he was fawn/ blue tri color if he needed more blue spots as he looks mostly broken fawn and I am not sure fawn is an accepted color. ? I will still breed him with a Harlie doe when they are old enough as he is very typy as well and I think he will help our line along. Would like to show him a little too. If anything I guess we could enter him for at least a judge evaluation and even if he gets DQed for lack of spots he would add to class for someone to get legs if needed. Lol!
Thanks for all the suggestions! Really appreciate.
Angela

__________ Tue May 01, 2012 6:55 am __________

MamaSheepdog":10s6mfvu said:

Hi
Yes exactly! :)<br /><br />__________ Tue May 01, 2012 6:58 am __________<br /><br />
skysthelimit":10s6mfvu said:
countryhorse":10s6mfvu said:
Hi
Thanks
Angela

__________ Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:17 pm __________

Ok, not quite sure what you mean then. A picture would be great, we love pictures :) Is he more solid with only a few spotted places? Or mostly white with not a lot of color spots?[/quoteh

Hi
I will try to get some pics uploaded to comPuter. he is just now 8 weeks.
Thanks
Angela

Latest posts

Back