Tri Color Mini Rex

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tm_bunnyloft

Reaction score
Ok so my son wants to join 4H now and he wants a Tri Color Mini Rex to show.

I have an over Sized Harli Mini Rex already. So should I get a broken to breed him with to make a tri? And if so what color broken should I breed him with? He is a blue jap Harli.

Or should I just search the world over until I find one for him to show?

:bash: :bash: :bash:

He is a blue harli so I was wondering if a broken blue would work? Otherwise I will have to start looking for a red. And would a dilute (blue) tricolor be showable?

The ARBA Standards of Perfection recognizes the following varieties for the Mini Rex breed: black, blue, blue-eyed white, broken, castor, chinchilla, chocolate, himalayan, lilac, lynx, opal, otter, red, sable point, seal, tortoise, red-eyed white.  Varieties with a Certificate of Development are: sable, silver marten, smoke pearl, and tan. 

I dont know if tri colour would fall under the broken category or which colours of broken would be acceptable. Your could try contacting your 4-H club to find out.

I have only seen orange and black tri's. there is a Facebook page Ultimate Mini Rex Rabbit Info
and the breeders are very knowledgeable regarding color....many tri breeders there.

do NOT breed castor/agouti to Tri or harlequin. You get some really really UGLY rabbits. Agoutis with harlequin shading. You really just don't want to go there.

If you breed to a self (black, blue, chocolate, lilac) the chance you will loose the red coloring is much greater, if you breed to a red/orange/fawn it is less likely.

Ok. Thank you. We decided to get Thriantas instead of breeding the mini rex. The two we have will likely be headed to FC tomorrow.

Hi
There are 4 color varieties of tri colors acceptable in mini Rex.
You could breed him to a nice broken blue, easier to find than a really nice red.
But unless they carry tri color in back of them you may not get tri colors the first try. You may have to take those babies back to sire.
Hope that helps<br /><br />__________ Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:59 am __________<br /><br />
tm_bunnyloft":9xfz0o6d said:
Are dilute tries showable?

Yes

Latest posts

Back