TOXIC warning on seed packet

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosted Rabbits

Reaction score
went ahead and read everything on the new seed packets that came today, and thought I would pass this along

LARKSPUR is Toxic-- every part of the plant-- seeds, flowers, leaves, stems. The package labeling indicates to not let ANY animal chew, nibble, or otherwise ingest it.

I do appreciate this labeling from the seed company!!!

MaggieJ":d270r1ag said:
Powerful stuff, larkspur. They used to use an infusion of the seeds to kill lice. So many beautiful flowers bloom on toxic plants. Kudos to the seed company for good labelling.

The seed company is Johnny's Selected Seeds

and I add this-- the planting instructions on the seed packets are VERY detailed as far as soil temps, light needed or not needed, stratification, etc. I know I will be less disappointed when I get the rabbit food garden seeded now. I did not buy innoculant for the clover- I am thinking I will transplant some native clover into the are to help with that, as I am not using the clover as a nitrogen fixer.

fair play to the seed co. such toxic warnings should really be more widely spread instead of the buyer having to do a survey on most commercial feed and plants thankyou frosted rabbits,btw, was thinking of doing the same with native red clover for my rabbits too native foraging the way to go!

Latest posts

Back