tort vs dilute tort

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovehome

Reaction score
I bred a fawn buck to what I believed to be a blue tort, and according to my rabbit program, the known genetic codes are: buck A_B_C_ddee, and the doe would be aaB_C_ddee.

So, in the new litter I have these lighter "blue torts", but I also have what appears to be a tort. Wouldn't I only have blue and lilac torts from this combo? One of my "blue" tort does threw what appeared to be a solid lilac this spring, so now I am wondering if my blue torts are actually lilac torts...

What do you think?

__________ Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:52 am __________

Here is another pic of this darker tort with the fawns and lighter torts<br /><br />__________ Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:19 pm __________<br /><br />Maybe my fawn buck is actually orange?

Attachments

• IMG_3957.jpeg
    IMG_3957.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_3956.jpeg
    IMG_3956.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_3954_2.jpeg
    IMG_3954_2.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 327
Definitely looks like a black tort, meaning your fawn is likely an orange Aa B_ C_ Dd ee

You won't get any lilac tort (aa bb C_ dd ee) or cream (AKA lilac fawn )(A_ bb C_ dd ee ) since you don't have chocolate

Okay, I went back another generation and looked at the "fawn" grandmother of this litter, and realized I bred her to a blue solid buck and got a black....therefore, she has to be the one carrying the non-dilute. So, I changed her and her son to Orange. This is the easiest explanation for the non-dilute tort in this litter, I think...

__________ Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:07 pm __________

Thanks Dood! I'm still learning, but I am getting there!<br /><br />__________ Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:21 pm __________<br /><br />These guys all came from the same litter, which is why I think we have some Bbs >> bbs around here, so I am still hoping for some chocolates some day!

Attachments

• IMG_3765.jpeg
    IMG_3765.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 312

Latest posts

Back