Too cold for babies?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooter1A

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
OK as always, I'm getting a little nervous. Babies coming next week to a good doe mother. It is going to be cold at night, around 30. The box is lined with hay, she pulls fur and seems to take pretty good care of them in the past but she has also had some on the cage but that was summer. I think spring is the perfect time to have babies in Illinois. I keep the wind block up. Good to go, right?

OK as always, I'm getting a little nervous. Babies coming next week to a good doe mother. It is going to be cold at night, around 30. The box is lined with hay, she pulls fur and seems to take pretty good care of them in the past but she has also had some on the cage but that was summer. I think spring is the perfect time to have babies in Illinois. I keep the wind block up. Good to go, right?
My doe had her litter in -47 windchill. Under the carport. Covered with a sleeping bag or a tarp. Your doe should be fine with the wind block. You did say she was a good mum. Did the ones on the wire come from her first litter? Did they survive?

My doe had her litter in -47 windchill. Under the carport. Covered with a sleeping bag or a tarp. Your doe should be fine with the wind block. You did say she was a good mum. Did the ones on the wire come from her first litter? Did they survive?
No it was third I think last summer. They were big, 4 I think, all died. I expect her number to be low this time but I think she will do fine. Box looks pretty warm.

Latest posts

Back