Today's the Day! Perry, Ga Show (!st time ever)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peach

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Well I was getting ready to pick up my friend at 4:30am when my mom wakes up and starts freaking out that I'm too much of an inexperienced driver to make the drive -.o (2hours). Kinda frustrated because I know she loves me ( Like any mother should) but she's one of those put you in a bubble mom's because she keeps me from getting my experience on the highways (Not that I haven't driven on it before) and I'm constantly driving all the time ( Thank god for having a Honda that does so well on gas :D ). I wanted as little people in the car to bring back rabbits and micellanious things...but now with my father,and my mom ( in crutches from her ankle surgery she is still recovering from) and my friend I guess that may or may not happen :? I'm just happy to be going at this point even though I've been pre warning her I was going today. Off to a rough start but I'm going to see too many cute rabbits to be upset for long. :pinkbunny:

I remember the first "long" trip I ever made in a car. My mom was so concerned that the 80 miles I was about to drive one-way to pick up a pair of convention rabbits was too much for me, especially when most of it was on Interstate 40.

Guess what happened? I got there, then got back without incident. Even managed a meal stop at a Mickey D's.

They're parents. Worrying about their kids is what good parents do. You'll get this behind you and it will be better, but just be responsible, be aware of what's going on around you, and you'll do fine.

Awww... Mumsy and Daddy wuv their wittle Peach! I think it is sweet that they are going with you, Mommy hobbling along on her crutches! It is nice that they want to share your interests. Believe me, you wont know how good you had it until you move out, and start hearing the horror stories of other people's upbringing.

I hope you have a fun day- and just think, you wont necessarily have to buy carriers for new bunnies, they will have laps to sit on! :p

Hope you're having a great show Peach! We'll expect a full report. Due to work schedule :evil: and needing to be off next weekend for the Junior Livestock Shows back in Perry we couldn't make this one. We plan on trying to get up to Conyers for the Decatur Rabbit Breeders show on the 24th of March.

I'm with Bill on this one. I'm jealous. I hope to be at the Conyers on in March, as well.

Am bummed I wasnt able to make the Perry show... ugh... Ill be at the show in Dalton on march 3 & 4th, and the Conyers show on the 24th though!

Oh goodness! Today was super fun! I'm kinda feel bad for not wanting my parents to come because they got a bunch of insight to my madness :) There was a good turnout,but apparently it wasn't nearly as buzzing with people as the usuals told me haha I found 2 does! I bought from Lunar Lapins and Amathamir Rabbitry. They were awesome people and I was happy to get a chance to speak with them. Lunar Lapins had a doe kick butt today and she was GORGEOUS. Even my dad who has no experience with rabbits spotted her when he walked in and was complimenting how nice she looked. She won all her classes and took BOB, if I recall correctly. We are keeping in touch with them for sure and I told them I call dibs on one of her offspring whenever they are available :roll: We also made friends with Urban Usagi Rabbitry ( English Lops and Flemish Giants) and they gave us new places to get hay and to have someone build the rest of our cages. They also helped my Dad see rabbits in a new light....their poo makes wonderful fertilizer like I told him after all :lol:

The doe I got from Amathamir is bred and I'm expecting babies next week :p She told me she wasn't 100% sure she took, but for the price I got her for I'll take my chances, especially with the super gorgeous buck I saw she was bred to.

I loved today and can't wait to enter my buns in a couple of weeks at Dalton. Gotta get some legs on these guys and the doe I got from Amathamir is one sr. leg away from being GC. Let's hope she can do it ^_^

Sounds like you had a Wonderful time! Glad you got to meet Paula from Urban Usagi... she's a friend of mine and just the nicest person.
So glad your parents were able to have some fun there, too... Hard not to have a great time when there are so many bunnies around (LoL)! :)

Pickles":cu0qsfs7 said:
Sounds like you had a Wonderful time! Glad you got to meet Paula from Urban Usagi... she's a friend of mine and just the nicest person.
So glad your parents were able to have some fun there, too... Hard not to have a great time when there are so many bunnies around (LoL)! :)

They were beyond helpful and super nice. You completely need to find me at the next show. haha I'll be the confused short girl with a bundle of lops trying to figure things out :lol:

Hucksdaddy":cu0qsfs7 said:
See you in Dalton!

Heck yes! RT members, unite! lol :p

It sounds like you had a great day! I'm glad your parents enjoyed it too. Congrats on your new rabbits. You know we will be expecting pics- and pics of your kits when they come!

Oh yeah when I was at the show I noticed the judge talking to the writer but not about the rabbit???? Just about how much he spent to rent out the building, grumbling about something about a.r.b.a,etc. Seemed like he was venting, but during this venting....he wasn't looking at the rabbits he was judging...It sucks that a judge might overlook you because they were distracted :(<br /><br />__________ Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:33 am __________<br /><br />Here are some pictures. It's rainy and cloudy right now so they aren't great ( even though it looks brighter than it really is in some of the pictures) :/ Let's hope that the sun comes out soon! I got few pictures off the Blk. S.Tipped from the breeders website. It hasn't been intentional to have so many dark does! lol Let's hope they make beautiful different colored babies :lol:

Seal Doe:
IMG_3659.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3655.jpg

IMG_3653.jpg

IMG_3649.jpg

Black Silver Tipped Doe:
IMG_3652.jpg

IMG_3651.jpg
IMG_3650.jpg

8273694.jpg

1432630.jpg