To excited not to share

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessicaR

Reaction score
Sorry I just cant contain my excitement anymore :oops: Coming November 19th...... baby number 4!!

I have been feeling crummy for the past month, thought I was getting the flu, I had headaches, felt like throwing up, tired, sinus congested. Then I thought I was feeling horrible because of my dental surgery, this all started when I had some molars removed, thought the anesthesia was making me sick. Then I got to thinking hmmm when was the last time I had a period... it was in January (it was now March) no big deal I often skip a month, never been regular, but should have started in March, but nothing. So I went and got a test thinking its probably just because of the anesthesia that I haven't started yet, after all my last 2 kids took several years of fertility treatments before I got pregnant. Test came back with a big fat plus sign on it! Good thing I took the test March 31st and not April 1st or I wouldn't have believed it. :lol:

I went to see my midwife today and since they couldnt know exactly how far along I am by using my last period date, she went ahead and had an ultrasound done so we could get a date. They dated the baby at being 7 weeks 6 days old, so 8 weeks tomorrow, early, but I got to see the heartbeat, a very strong 165 BPM, even got a picture, but at this age little booger doesn't look like much. :lol:

Anyways thanks for letting me share the happy news!

Congratulations Jessica!!!!! I bet the kids are excited and your daughter will probably be hoping for a sister so she is not outnumbered anymore. :congratulations:

Thanks everyone!

Amanda, the kids are mostly happy Caleb is 18 so he probably wont be living with us too much longer, he has been talking about getting an apartment with his friends. Zach wasn't too happy because he is the one who likes to complain when we cant afford to keep up with his friends and their fashion :roll: and now the baby means the budget will be a little tighter. Autumn is happy and yes she wants a sister, because brothers are mean! :lol: Plus she said she can babysit... for money of course :lol:

Excellent news I'm happy for you. My oldest daughter is due in May. She did not know she was pregnant till just before her second trimester. She skipped being sick.

Demamma":1nacts5r said:
Excellent news I'm happy for you. My oldest daughter is due in May. She did not know she was pregnant till just before her second trimester. She skipped being sick.

Congratulations to your daughter!

She's lucky being sick sucks :lol: I never got sick when I was carrying my 2 boys but I did with my daughter so maybe its another girl. My midwife said that you have a higher risk of morning sickness with girls, because your body is now receiving a double dose of estrogen. Of course she said that is not 100% reliable since plenty of women have girls without ever having morning sickness.

:bouncy: :congratulations: :bouncy:

You must be so excited! :p I just love babies- there is nothing that matches the joy of having little ones. :)

My three were all born at home with the assistance of a midwife, too! Are any of your kids going to attend the birth?

Firstpup watched the birth of Colliepup, but Queenpup was only 3 and was a bit overwhelmed by the process so she didn't. :lol:

Well I'm very happy for you, but I must admit I was expecting new puppy pictures!!! Congrats!!!

Honorine":e0dpug3a said:
Well I'm very happy for you, but I must admit I was expecting new puppy pictures!!!

:lol: Good point!

So... does this mean that getting a new pup will be put on hold, or...? :popcorn: You'll still have plenty of time to train it before the baby comes. :mrgreen:

New pup is definitely on hold. I was planning on getting the pup sometime next year, but I don't think it would be fair to get an active breed puppy when most of my focus will be on the baby.

So far I really like this midwife, she is not the same that delivered my daughter, that one moved to a different practice, and will only deliver in the nearby city which is 40 miles away. :( My kids probably wont be there (boys don't want to be anyways) I had trouble with delivery with my second child, and they took my daughter 2 weeks early because she was starting to get big. New regulations say they cant induce before 39 weeks anymore (not that I liked being induced), so the CNM said they are really going to have to monitor this ones size. There is a possibility that I will have to have a C-section, and lets face it I am not that young anymore, I am 36! So for now I am making sure I walk everyday, even on the days I feel really crappy, and pray that everything goes smoothly.

JessicaR":nz0ycmwq said:
So far I really like this midwife, she is not the same that delivered my daughter

I'm glad you liked her. The midwife that delivered Firstpup and Queenpup was awesome (and a CNM), but the one I had here was "direct entry" and was a joke. She used thread to sew me up, and I got an infection as a result! :x

they took my daughter 2 weeks early because she was starting to get big.

According to the lines on the feet of mine, they were delivered early. Queenpup was actually my biggest baby at 7lbs. 4oz. I am only 5' 4" and 110lbs when soaking wet, so I think my body knows to get them out before they get too big... I always imagined a flashing sign and sirens blaring "Red Alert! Red Alert! Maximum capacity has been reached!" :lol:

There is a possibility that I will have to have a C-section

Being under the care of a midwife, at least you know that decision wont be made in haste. :)

I am not that young anymore, I am 36!

I was 33 when I had Colliepup. The birth went just fine, but I do recall being more tired after he was born because of the interrupted sleep at night. Thankfully, we did bed sharing with all of our babies so I didn't have to get up and we fell back to sleep quickly, but it was still taxing.

Thankfully, you have older kids that will be able to help out around the house so you can rest.

So for now I am making sure I walk everyday, even on the days I feel really crappy, and pray that everything goes smoothly.

That's good! Just continue to take care of yourself, and I am sure everything will be just fine. :good-luck:

Much to the horror of my family I have always shared the bed with my kids, makes breastfeeding at night so much easier.

My first born was 6 pounds and I had no problems delivering, my problem child was 9.5 pounds, and very broad, the DR had to break his clavicle to get him out because he was stuck, and I burst just about every blood vessel in my face and eyes, I looked horrible! his birth was only birth that I wish I would have gotten an epidural (all my kids were born without drugs)! My daughter was 7.5 pounds when she was born, so they figured she would be over 9 pounds since they gain 1# a week at the end.

JessicaR":96txmu13 said:
Much to the horror of my family I have always shared the bed with my kids, makes breastfeeding at night so much easier.

People are always worried that you will smother them. :roll: I loved sleeping with them- there is nothing sweeter than having a baby cradled against your body all night long. :)

With Firstpup I couldn't figure out how to nurse while prone, so I did get out of bed with him for the first several months.

JessicaR":96txmu13 said:
my problem child was 9.5 pounds, and very broad, the DR had to break his clavicle to get him out because he was stuck, and I burst just about every blood vessel in my face and eyes

Wow! How horrible that they had to break a bone to get him out! :x Poor little guy. :( You must have suffered a lot too. :(

Colliepup was my smallest baby- he was 6lbs. 4oz. I don't know if it was due to my age or the fact that I was too busy with the other kids to eat as well during my pregnancy.

Hopefully this one will be on the small side and you will have an easy delivery. My first two labors were nearly 24 hours, but Colliepup came in about 6!

Back