tips on getting pedigree's from the breeder??

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rock'N 4 Rabbitry

Reaction score
I have five Rabbits that I am waiting on the Pedigree. Shall I email them a self addressed stamped envelope?? Any Ideas on how to get them tastefully?? I don't want to be rude.

There is nothing rude about a firm but polite request to the breeder that he/she follow through with the pedigrees if they were included in the original agreement. You may have problems though... There have been a couple of cases where the breeder just did not want to follow through. Wishing you better luck!

Sorry to hear you are having trouble getting your peds. It could be entirely innocent on behalf of the breeder so a reminder is certainly not out of line or rude in any way. Personally, it is always best to get the pedigrees on the day of sale so you can avoid such incidents.
Wishin' ya some good luck getting your peds!

If there was a pedigree included in the sale agreement, I say hound them until the ends of the earth, including at shows if they put rabbits across a show table. Make it so bad that they will give you the pedigree just to shut you up.

Seriously.

I also would be firm about getting a pedigree if sold one.... Perhaps you can have them e-mail it to you? Or offer to come by and pick it up... Send your SASE and if they still don't give it to you.... proceed to the hounding until the end of the earth method....

In the future, when making your deal, ask them to bring it with the rabbit, or e-mail it prior.... most would rather bring the rabbit...

Good Luck...

SatinsRule":vx3xusvq said:
If there was a pedigree included in the sale agreement, I say hound them until the ends of the earth, including at shows if they put rabbits across a show table. Make it so bad that they will give you the pedigree just to shut you up.

Seriously.

Agreed 100%.
If you still don't get them, be loud about it. Stiffing someone on their pedigrees isn't something a breeder will want getting around the showroom because they'll never be able to sell anything again.

Yes, They all told me that they would get them to me. I sent two self Addressed Stamped Enve's Yesterday to the two older Gents. So Hopefully in due time they will come.

why don't you go back to their rabbitry and try to get the pedigree from the breeder that way? ..The breeder I got my flemish giant from promised to give me pedigree after I guve him half of litter..the doe I bought had been bred to another buck befor I got her..but defaintly don't leave the breeder alone till you get your pedigree..

tomcatrabbitry":21dbyxsx said:
SatinsRule":21dbyxsx said:

Seriously.

Agreed 100%.
If you still don't get them, be loud about it. Stiffing someone on their pedigrees isn't something a breeder will want getting around the showroom because they'll never be able to sell anything again.
I agree with both these two I am in the same boat you are with goat papers atm. It bigs me really bad when im waiting on papers.

Even if you havent been to the rabbitry if your sending them an envelope you would have the adress right? so take a day type the adress in your gps or get mapquest directions you show up at there house and they will either have em or tell you that there never was any (It happens trust me been there done that) just an idea hope you dont have to much trouble gettting em.

I have gotten 1 pedigree still need 4 more. And the one pedigree was a shocker. The rabbit was a Grand Champion. I was exstatic to have her. I was told she was 5 years old, she was only 3 year old. Happy happy dance about that one. Yes, I am about to take a trip to get two of them and the last one the guy lives more than a day trip away. But I expect to see him at shows. And I also have there phone numbers to all of these folks.

You must be take care some basic but important thing before this,So Because of its origin broken up into subsections per breed, rather than countries or breeder and Breeders are primarily focused on their own breed he main page for each breed is a Pedigree name search rather than text search i.e. searches for dog names .

Before heading to the show where the last breeder is going to be, give him a call and tell him that you need him to bring that pedigree. It eliminates any excuse he might otherwise have about "forgetting" to bring it with him.

Rock'N 4 Rabbitry":t8t8nku9 said:
I have gotten 1 pedigree still need 4 more. And the one pedigree was a shocker. The rabbit was a Grand Champion. I was exstatic to have her. I was told she was 5 years old, she was only 3 year old. Happy happy dance about that one. Yes, I am about to take a trip to get two of them and the last one the guy lives more than a day trip away. But I expect to see him at shows. And I also have there phone numbers to all of these folks.

With something like that... Do you wonder if it is the right pedigree for that rabbit? It seems like most people would acknowledge their grand champions, and also know their age.... Maybe I am wrong. I would just be questioning whether I had the right rabbit for the pedigree...

KatzNetherlands":3fnmruba said:
With something like that... Do you wonder if it is the right pedigree for that rabbit? It seems like most people would acknowledge their grand champions, and also know their age.... Maybe I am wrong. I would just be questioning whether I had the right rabbit for the pedigree...

Good point! :secret:

Another question which comes to my mind while we're on the subject of GC's, was it a pedigree which was given, or a registration certificate? Here's why I ask:

1-The rabbit must be registered before it's eligible to be awarded a GC certificate by the ARBA,
2-The original pedigree for the rabbit is sent by the registrar along with the application for registration to the ARBA when the rabbit is registered, after which time the ARBA will keep the application and original pedigree on file, and send the actual registration certificate (which contains the lineage of the registered animal) to the breeder who registered the animal thru the registrar.

Confused?

Latest posts

Back