Tips on bathing a rabbit??

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaDani

Reaction score
The boys have been peeing on each other again. However, this time a sponge bath isn't working. My poor little NZW is turning yellow! lol Should I use oatmeal dog shampoo (our dog has sensitive skin) or baby shampoo? Also any tips on preventing them from peeing on each other?

Attachments

• 2013-05-30_14-22-050.1.jpg
    2013-05-30_14-22-050.1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,174
Sorry I can't help you...I'd put a barrier between the peer and the peed upon. That white bun is looking pretty sad. But knowing how gross rabbits can be, he may be rubbing his face over "smelly bits" of the cage to cover them with his facial scent glands, rather than taking that many "wet bonbs" to the face. (You'd think after the first time, he'd dodge that sort of shower....)

Mist with vinegar and water then scrub you don't want to get them wet if you can't dry them down to the skin, even in the summer. He'll moult it out soon enough so unless you're showing I wouldn't worry about it and get a barrier between those boys.

Thanks! I'll give that a try today. No, I don't show them. He just looks so sad. And it's just nasty when I go to pet him. He's my snuggler. I don't dare go by his cage without scratching behind his ears. :)

If you don't show them, don't worry about the fur, he won't. If you do show you have to keep them apart. I used to know a way to clean them up when I showed, but that was long ago and I don't remember. It seems like you rubbed them with corm meal, but it is too long ago. Any NZW or Californian show raiser, would know I expect.

Latest posts

Back