Third times a charm???

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessicaR

Reaction score
hopefully I will be having a litter of dutch bunnies soon! This will be the third time I have tried to get this doe bred, and since I only have the 2 rabbits not sure who is at fault. First time I bred her I thought for sure she was going to have a litter, she was moody and getting chubby looking and had a nice haystache at the proper time but she never made a nest. So I a not sure if she reabsorbed the litter or if she had them and ate them all, though their was no evidence of any blood. Second try, I was going to trying my hand at palpating when I went to pick her up she lifted so high she almost fell over! :roll: So I put her back in with the buck, she is due in 10 days and is back to being moody, and starting to look a little chubby and wants nothing to do with the buck. I am keeping my fingers crossed that their will be some little ones soon!

So no pictures yet, but... we now have 9 newborn dutch bunnies!!!! She gave birth this afternoon looks like 7 black and 2 chocolates!

Thought I would give an update on the kits. They are 3 weeks old now, I did lose 2 of them during a cold snap when they was 1 week old. I brought the mom and kits inside and they are all doing good. The markings on the remaining kits are pretty good not exactly sure if they are show worthy, but I am only breeding for pets and the freezer so I am not too concerned about that.

Attachments

• IMG_4860.JPG
    IMG_4860.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 621

Latest posts

Back