Thinking of showing these bucks...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WallTenter

Reaction score
Thinking of showing these guys when they're a bit bigger, but would like to get your feedback :D

These are 3/4 Harlequin, 1/8 NZ 1/8 Palomino. I crossed in the Pal/NZ buck to improve meat type on the Harlequins and it made a huge difference. These two bucks are both out of one of my half Harle does and by a blue Harle buck from Nancy Richmond.

Hardway Montgomery:
Montgomery_020813_l.JPG

Montgomery_020813_f.JPG

(that doe kit in the cage below him in the first pic I am keeping as well. She is plain faced so I will not show her. She is by the same buck but out of a littermate to Montgomery and Pheonix's mother, so essentially the same cross).

Hardway Pheonix
Pheonix_020813_l.JPG

Pheonix_020813_f.JPG

These two bucks are littermates, and I like Montgomery's markings better but Pheonix has that beautiful dark blue (even more so than photos show) - is that something I should look for, or do I need to be careful of it? I really like it but want to stay to the standard.

All advice is appreciated!

Nice looking rabbits, WallTenter. :) I'll leave the critiquing to the Harlequin breeders though!

check montogomery that he doesn't have mis-marked toenails.

banding is okay, you'll get comments on the mixing of colours on the back end (clean markings are best).

Check their tummies to see if they checkerboard at all.

They have face splits but at this point in time their ears are not alternating.
Neither seems to have a tri-way front.

Up against a great tri-way front they won't win, but you will most likely get decent comments on them.

Thanks for the comments. They won't be up against a good tri way front lol Harlequins are not very common out here, unfortunately.

I know they do not have the cleanliness of barring or alteration that I am hoping for in future generations, but these are the 3rd gen that I have had in the Harlequins and I see a lot of improvement in the litters as a whole so I'm hopeful :D I will try to get a picture of their dams and granddam up here maybe tomorrow and you will see what I mean.

The first one has a bit of a longer shoulder, the second one has a smoother rise. They look they both have nice shoulder and depth, good looking meat bunnies.

Latest posts

Back