Thinking about venturing into SF...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have so far been breeding some serious mutt rabbits and am trying to decide on a breed for when I go pure. I had thought about the rex, but with their slow growth rate I'm just not sure, so now I'm considering the Silver Fox (I love the idea of helping out a heritage breed and they have a lovely color too). The problem I'm having is that I've never seen a SF up close and personal and it's really hard to pick a breed from just looking around the net. I live not too far from St Louis MO (well, it's around 1-1.5hrs north, but that's close enough for me). Is there anyone within say 3 hrs of me that has some SF that I could come and visit?

Crystal

I don't know of anyone you could visit at their home, but there were 11 Silver Fox from three different rabbitries shown at Peoria, IL today and there will be another show there in February if you wanted to check them out personally. Also, one of the directors of the national silver fox club is a couple hours south of St Louis and have a website: http://www.freewebs.com/riverwindrabbit ... lepage.htm

Wow, amazingly I was at that website earlier today and didn't even think to check where they were located. They're only about two hours away from me, so I may end up going there when I'm ready to buy. Thanks for the info on the show too, it's about 4hrs away, but it might be worth it to be able to check out several different breeds at once.

Some of the lineage for my stock came from Missouri.

My buck comes from:

Missouri Rare Hares Rabbitry

American, Blanc De Hotot, Silver Fox, Netherland Dwarf, Dwarf Hotot and Mini Satin [email protected]

Back