thinking about cutting way down on critters...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Well, here we go again. Just too many animals and I'm feeling really tied down by them. I'd like to be able to just take off with Michael next month when he goes out to help his mother move her household, but with all the rabbits I just can't do it. So I'm considering reducing the herd to just a few. Couple of Angoras (probably Whitey - the wonder mom; Chocolate Bunny, and Bingo the big French); and 3, or maybe 4 Americans. Sam, my buck and 3 does.

but then...what do I do with Mama-san and Peter? Clone I can sell in a heartbeat, and all the youngsters. I'll have to find room for Peter and Mama..yup. And I CAN'T get rid of Fat Little Bunny! nonono. okay. so we're back up to....10. hmm...and the big beautiful older French doe needs to stay.

well crud. then there are the 4 new Americans from the Drift...Little Acre is ADORABLE and has a really good body. She'd be great paired with Sam when she's older. And my white buck is FANTASTIC! Great body, no DQs, and going to be quite large. okay...that's...er..we're at 15 now. :shock:

Well, if I'm going to have 15, I may as well keep Thorbunny, the Beveren buck who is a DARLING, and since I'm keeping ONe Beveren, I should keep the Beveren doe, too, don't you think?

sigh. This is a problem. I don't want to sell ANY of them. :cry: but there are just too many.

Don't forget........we're willing to take some black NZ's off your hands any time they are ready to go. ;) That should help you out! :lol:

I had that problem. I did manage to cut my mini rex down a lot but I kept twice the number I planned to. I do plan to sell 2 more after I get 1 doe kit from them to keep. Then I didn't get the bucks separated when I wanted to and we are having another round of champagne and creme d'argents in probably about 3 weeks. I still have a bunch of 4.5month old MR x creme crosses to butcher before they start popping out kits as well. I flipped over a buck in that colony and he had obvious testicles. We don't need more mutts.

Ok, seriously, you may want to try to find a pet/house sitter you can pay in rabbits! If I were there I would do it in trade for one or two good breeders in a heartbeat!! Check at the feed stores and vets?

eco2pia":15s466m1 said:
Ok, seriously, you may want to try to find a pet/house sitter you can pay in rabbits! If I were there I would do it in trade for one or two good breeders in a heartbeat!! Check at the feed stores and vets?
I never had to baby(rabbit?)sit that many but I have boarded a few pet rabbits when the owner had to be away for awhile. One offered to let me have the litter on a doe who kindled right after I boarded her. That worked out fine. The doe had been accidentally bred and she really didn't want all those popples running around.

Latest posts

Back