Then & now pics

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since they have those big, floppy ears, do they stay cooler than other breeds of rabbits?

Oh! Look how long those ears are at birth!

Those tris are absolutely adorable! But I have to agree, that broken black is striking! What an interesting pattern.

I guess there is nothing for it but to take that one AND a tri. :?

How many miles is it to Oklahoma? :hmm:

It's a two days drive depending on where in CA you are and where in OK you want to be. I'll pick you up a tri on the way out to get mine...

It's fun going back to see what they were compared to what they are now.
I also took some pics of my older show bunnies (now 6 months old) but I can't find their baby pics. Maybe on another thread....

Believe it or not, all bunnies pictured have the same Papa, but different Mama's.
I have 6 tri's. The 2 pictured are the most brightly colored. Two others are dilutes - blue & fawn, and the other 2 have most of their color on their faces.

I love how they have gigantic ears even as popples! They have really grown. You must be so proud!

So, I checked everybunny last night.
The tri litter - 4 bucks - 2 does.
The black litter - 2 does - 1 buck
The "good" litter - 5 does - 3 bucks (could be 6 / 2)

I'm still beating the odds with nearly 2 times more does than bucks, but why is my tri litter all boys? :wall: I needed them to be all girls to breed back to their Papa.

Oh well, at least I know Papa works (and will throw tri's when bred to this one doe). I see more of this cross in the cooler fall months anticipated. Anxious now for them to grow up and see if any are worth showing.

Todays photos (8-2-13)
The tri buck (I wish every rabbit in this litter had been marked like him, and I wish the sex change fairy had visited him!)
20130802_201701.jpg
20130802_201723.jpg

The broken black doe.
20130802_200220.jpg
20130802_200215.jpg

I just thought it would be fun to keep a running picture catalog as these babies grew up.
Both of the solid black babies have been sold. The sibling to the tri in the mid-age pic gets to stay, but didn't get her picture done today.

Both of these rabbits are up for sale, so this may be where my picture diary ends. Hope you have enjoyed! :happy:

It is a good idea to keep pics like you have done! Those ears! Oh my! The basset hounds of the bunny world! :lol:

Latest posts

Back