The wigglers are coming!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today marks day 28 for Cloudy, and as soon as I gave her the nest box, and hay she went into overdrive, and built a wonderful nest. Poor girl looks like she's about to explode! Last litter she had 6, and while she did look bigger. This time it looks like she ate a page of popcorn, her sides are dancing around like crazy, lol! She is due on the 3rd.

Luna is due on the 11th, today is day 21 for her! Not much activity from her JUST yet, but I know for sure she's pregnant! Can't wait to have full nestboxes again!

On a side note I am rather proud of myself. For the longest time I could not get palpating down to save my life! After breeding Cloudy, and Luna I gave it another try, and guess what?!? I can finally palpate, AND I can tell if a doe is pregnant as early as 8 days after breeding! So glad that I am able to palpate so I am able to rebred faster than if I just did the wait, and see. Plus I am SO not patient enough for the wait, and see method, haha.

Well today is day 30, and she has not moved from her box since about 8pm last night! No fur yet, but she's gearing up!

fFdjhWJ.jpg

She made a beautiful nest on day 28!

mKoGRuP.jpg

QyG0tHq.jpg

eb5SNo5.jpg

RDsIpEJ.jpg

No babies yet, but is being awfully mellow, and lazy this morning. It's only day 30, do you think she could kindle today?

She hopped out of the nest just a moment ago. She sniffed my handful of oatmeal, took a tiny sliver of an oat, munched for a second then hopped back into her nest.

I am always so excited when we have a new litter expected. Good Luck to you and your does.

HansenHomestead":2xt05t2f said:
She did in fact kindle through the night! We got 8 warm, and wiggling babies!

v1LmXE.th.jpg

Aww so happy for you!! My mama still has not kindled. Makin' me a little nervous :(

Congratulations on the popples!

HansenHomestead":334duckz said:
I can finally palpate, AND I can tell if a doe is pregnant as early as 8 days after breeding!

That is awesome news! :clap2:

Latest posts

Back