the truth about buck heat sterility

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmfarm

Reaction score
So I have heard that bucks go sterile at 80 and at 90 degrees. It is already in the low to mid 80's here everyday so it would be good to know the truth. What temp. is it?

Really depends upon the individual animal , age and condition also play a part , older animals are more susceptible to heat sterility than older ones.

2013 & 2014 the same animal had different results. In 2013 I bred thru the summer , 2014 I couldn't get a doe bred from early August thru late October.

Temps were in the mid / upper 90's from mid June on.

The point I was trying to make is that there isn't a magic number , just not an exact science.

I have two litters due 5/9 and wont breed again until September either way , just don't want to put my does thru the added stress of kindling on top of the heat.

EnglishSpot":12kigzyl said:
Probably LOL Maybe one of those camper freezer packs secured to the underneath of a wire floor? Can't chew it, but can lay on it, and it radiates the cool. Slip it out of it's confines and refreeze.
Great idea :)
Gonna try that this summer.

Latest posts

Back