the horse and the hound

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kotapony

Reaction score
We're milking last night and hubby goes back in the barn to turn the gate that separates the cows that have been milked from those that need milked. I look up when he comes back, and there stands Banner the pony next to him. Apparently the little stinker ducked under a wire and snuck into the barn. So she got to hang out in the parlor till we finished milking and I could get her put away. Ruger the hound couldn't quite figure it out. She wanted to play with the pony but didn't know how. Banner spent her time trying to pull off Ruger's coat. Silly beasties.

20120112-161007.jpg

She's just some kind of grade mini I found locally (I only paid $150 for her). I want to say she's around 38" (I did measure her but can't recall for sure). She's way too fat but otherwise built really well for a mini. She'd be... 5 or 6 now. I bought her after my daughter was born a year ago fall. Of course Sami is too small to do much yet but a few minutes of pony rides here and there. Mainly it was my excuse to get a pony. Growing up I was the tall one, so I got stuck riding the big horses in lessons. At 8, my trainer at the time got me a 15.3h QH who regularly tried to kill me (but that's another story). I always boarded my horses till I married hubby a few years ago and finally had room to keep them at home and could fulfill my lifelong dream of a pony. The neighbor family has two kids, ages 4 and 6. I put a little corral behind their house for Banner this summer and they had a ball doing pony rides with her. She's an ornery little thing with adults but has been AWESOME with the kids. They're candy-butts however, and once the weather drops below 40 they hole up in the house so Banner came home for the winter. We have her green-broke to harness, and use her in the garden to cultivate and mark out rows.

Right now she's a mess of mud and burrs. Through the summer I just keep her mane roached so it's easier to deal with. I looked in my file and can't seem to find a better picture of her. I'll have to get some when she sheds out in the spring.

Love it! Ruger is almost as big as the pony. :lol: Maybe Banner wanted the jacket for herself? After all, it would probably fit her!

Awwww, that picture is adorable! I love the minis!

Latest posts

Back