The Biltmore of Rabbit Hutches...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect those are Silver Foxes although not necessarily good examples of the breed.

And, yeah, I hope they are the kind that don't know how to reset their camera's date feature! otherwise, the Biltmore hutch may not be looking quite as classy as it used to!<br /><br />__________ Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:49 pm __________<br /><br />I wonder if really are asking $1400? or did they mean $140?

Looks an awful lot like a two holer I have out back .... that's empty until I get my quail.

Actually those look like Silver Fox to me. The Silvering comes in differently, and is not even consistent in litters (this is why the blue didn't pass). Champs and SF are not that far off. I've seen some SF that have so much silvering, they would pass for poorly silvered Champs, and some with so light silvering they looked like blacks with scattered white hairs. The picture in the SOP is not much off from those picts. I prefer a lighter silvered animal, but that would pass on the table, depending on what else is on there.

ckcs":3dbn2bgv said:
I wonder how a 5 hole hutch will hold 5 does and a buck. Either a typo or they have 2 does together

yeah, I wondered about their math as well. They must use new math! :p<br /><br />__________ Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:05 am __________<br /><br />
3mina":3dbn2bgv said:
$1400 for that, and five so-so SF? Umm, pass

If I was a Biltmore and not so bright...maybe...but I ain't a Biltmore and I am sorta smart so I will pass as well...

IF it came with the silver foxes, and they actually were silver foxes and those silver foxes were breeding material and the cage was in good condition and I had no other choice I would probably pay $440. $60 per silver fox - that's about what they run around here on the cheap side and $140 for the cage.

mystang89":3inkk5u7 said:
IF it came with the silver foxes, and they actually were silver foxes and those silver foxes were breeding material and the cage was in good condition and I had no other choice I would probably pay $440. $60 per silver fox - that's about what they run around here on the cheap side and $140 for the cage.

If they were pedigreed from good lines with good size, I'd pay $60 each. If the hutch was in very good condition, I'd consider $140 (I got a 5-hole all wire cage for half that price but it needs sanding and re-galvanizing.) The auto-water system would need to be tossed in as a bonus.

True, that water system would really be the only reason I'd pay the full 140. I know how much the materials cost and its not 140 so the water system would definitely have to come with :)

Back