Thanks MidnightCoder

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beekeeper10

Reaction score
I know this has been talked about before but I think it needs to be brought up again.
The problems we had the other day with the Rabbit Talk site made me realize just how important it is to me. I have learned so much from all of the nice rabbit people on this site.
Books on a subject are nice to have, but to have a forum where you can go and ask questions and get nice and considerate answers is, well, priceless. There is lots of nice people on this site and great moderators.
There is nothing that makes you appreciate something more than when it is not there when you need it.
I am not here to tell everybody else what to do but I decided it was time to make a donation to try and help MidnightCoder and MaggieJ keep this site going. They do a great job and I hope a small donation will make it easier.
Besides, I received a special red star for the donation.
Wow I even got a different blue handle.
Thanks again MidnightCoder for getting us up and running again.

Tommy

I too am thankful that we have rabbit talk. I really appreciate that there is not all the bitter fighting that happens on other forums. Is there a way to send a check?I always have problems with PayPal. I got some money from my taxes going down so would like to give a little.

I never knew how much RT means to me as well. I had been so busy the earlier part of the week and Wednesday (It was Wednesday wasn't it? :? ) was the first time this week I had time to get on. And it wasn't there! :eek: Saw we were having problems and kept checking back. Was so excited when it was back up and running! Course I was too busy to get on once it was, but I went running around doing my chores chanting "Rabbit Talk is back! Rabbit Talk is back!" :lol:
So I want to give my thanks to MaggieJ and MidnightCoder as well. Thanks so much for what you do here! :)

Thanks Beekeeper10, for your donation and for posting this thread. We really appreciate your support.

Demamma, we'll be in touch. Thanks for your consideration.

It amazes me a bit how well this site has taken off. 99% of the credit should go to MaggieJ and all the moderators, past and present, that have generously volunteered their time. I just handle the technical stuff when needed, and add a bit feature-wise when I can, but they're on here every day helping to make this a great community. Still, it's a good feeling to see how much the site is appreciated. Thanks for that. :)

If you guys are wondering about the cause of the other day's server trouble, I can say it started off by the Bingbot (Microsoft's search engine bot) hammering the site until our host was forced to disable it. This has happened to other sites I manage in the last few months. Bing, unlike Google, shows absolutely no restraint in how they index sites. They'll open 50 instances of their bot, each scanning multiple pages per second, and overwhelm any site that isn't on serious, dedicated hardware. This bot has now been banned from this site. So if anyone uses Bing, we won't be showing up in their results for much longer. I'm not overly concerned about that aspect, as they lag far behind Google in popularity for search. I do think people should be aware of the practices employed by search providers, so they can make an educated choice on which to use.

The situation spiraled out of control from there, with very poor communication from our host. I made the necessary changes, and eventually they restored service. I doubt it will be an issue again anytime soon. Sorry for the hassle though, and thanks for being patient while we got things up and running again. :)

Here's one member who will hiss like a demon cat everytime she sees a bing search-thingy again. And is putting Google up as the startpage on my laptop.

How does the PayPal work. Do you have to be a member? On the page the donate takes me to they have transfer money or buy. Which one is it? I have in the past bought stuff through pay pal with my normal credit card.

i don't like how bing operates as a search engine anyways... :) But thanks for the heads up on the MC.

And let me join in with the rest in saying THANK YOU!

Ditto on the thank you! I missed it when it was down. I am not a stranger to boards and I hate it when they go down.

Latest posts

Back