Tattoo Pens

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tm_bunnyloft

Reaction score
Ok so with selling all of my saddles I am going to be buying some equipment for my Jersey Woolys. I am getting 9 stacking cages, a 4 hole carrier, a grooming table, a good set of brushes and a dremel for nails, a blow dryer, and last but not least a tattoo pen.

I love the way the pen tattoos look on my Jersey Woolys. The clamp style meat rabbit tattoos just are not as nice.

So there are some options I am considering..... The inkinator, the EZ Tat and the RabiTat.

I want something that is good quality and will last quite some time. I wont be able to afford to replace it any time soon.

Any suggestions of others and comments on these would be very helpful. Thanks

I have the Inkinator and love it. Hopefully my Sistah OAF will chime in- she had another brand of tattoo pen, but when she used mine, she promptly bought an Inkinator when she got home. :)

Ok well then where do I order that from. I am compiling my list and will be starting to place my orders by the end of the week. :lol: :D

I am so excited. I will be showing my Woolies before the end of the year at this rate. :p<br /><br />__________ Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:28 pm __________<br /><br />Oh I will be making the Woolies share their inkinator with the meat mutts too. lol

I LOVE my Inkinator! You order it from KWcages.com, and make sure to order a couple of replacement needles as well. I had an EquaTat, which is a total Jailhouse-piece-of-crap! Seriously, if I based my experience with tattoo pens on that, I would never have used one. I tried out the Inkinator at MSD's place and it is so easy to use. Well worth the money....

I have the Inkinator as well. I bought the replacement needles too, at the time of purchase. I talked to several people and the needles are the weak link in most tattoo pens. You have to be diligent to clean after every use with alcohol and soapy water. I bought a bottle of India ink at and art store, but the ink that comes with it seems to hold up fine. I have one doe that is very jumpy and took several attempts to finish her. I may buy a "clamp" model for future jumpy rabbits. I got the Inkinator simply because it had the fewest negative things said about it. I am happy with it so far. I did do a little touch up this week end on two Jr does and was done in about 30-45 minutes.

lol Thank you MSD and OAF. I know how hit and miss it can be ordering stuff so I wanted to ask around. I trust both of your opinions so I will be ordering one inkinator, ink and extra needles.

So whats the best ink to get in your experience.

tm_bunnyloft":18l3rj26 said:
lol Thank you MSD and OAF. I know how hit and miss it can be ordering stuff so I wanted to ask around. I trust both of your opinions so I will be ordering one inkinator, ink and extra needles.

The ink that comes with the Inkinator is pretty good, but I would order some India ink too. It seems to stay on the best.

I have to second (or third, fourth, etc. whatever number I am lol) with the inkinator. Bought it and tried it out yesterday after having a crumby time with the EZ tat. SOoooo much better and easier on me (I am left-handed) and the rabbits.<br /><br />__________ Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:01 pm __________<br /><br />I have to second (or third, fourth, etc. whatever number I am lol) with the inkinator. Bought it and tried it out yesterday after having a crumby time with the EZ tat. SOoooo much better and easier on me (I am left-handed) and the rabbits.

tm_bunnyloft":2g47dm5u said:

I bought India Ink at an art store, but I am going to try human grade tattoo ink. I just spoke to a guy at a tattoo parlor, and he said that Kuro Sumi ink would be best, and would make a nice solid black line. I found it for $14.75 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/KURO-SUMI-Black-O ... tattoo+ink

OneAcreFarm":3ebv41oi said:
I LOVE my Inkinator! You order it from KWcages.com, and make sure to order a couple of replacement needles as well. I had an EquaTat, which is a total Jailhouse-piece-of-crap! Seriously, if I based my experience with tattoo pens on that, I would never have used one. I tried out the Inkinator at MSD's place and it is so easy to use. Well worth the money....

Wish I knew what I know now about the Equatat, it really is tough to use/get used to. But I'm stuck with it unless I can sell it off to get an Inkinator...

tm_bunnyloft":2gjza6s8 said:
I was wondering about using human grade ink too. :) I love my Woolies. :D

I love the idea of never having to retouch a tattoo! ;)

I have an EZTat. It looks like an electric toothbrush. It works fine. Been using it for a couple years now. Tattooed alot of bunnies with that thing.

You got any links? I have been thinking about getting a tattoo gun and cant find any ones but the clamps.

Latest posts

Back