Tatoo ink

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seeker

Reaction score
Hi,

What's the better inks to use for tatooing? I inked some of my heard and the ones that took was light. The rest was nothing. I don't want to go through this multiple times.

I placed this here because I look at it as a stress issue for them.

Thanks

They sell tattoo ink on many rabbit supply sites. Bass is where I got mine. I got my kit on EBay and I ordered replacement letters and ink through the Internet.

Seeker":1fe7jd0m said:
Hi,

What is the better inks to use for tattooing? I inked some of my herd and the ones that took were light. The rest showed nothing. I don't want to go through this multiple times.
I placed this here because I look at it as a stress issue for them.
Thanks

I use India Ink for my tattoos, You can find it easily in the Art supply stores
it's not very expensive and makes permanent tattoos.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

They way you ink them also matters. Sounds like you might of done it wrong or not enough lines if you're using a pen.

I'm pretty sure I did it right. I could see the holes in their ears. The ones that took are light and the others didn't. And I really rubbed the ink in.

Likely you did not make the holes deep enough. I find that the ones that completely pierce the ear take the tattoo best. Also, shake the ink before you use it. Are you using the ink that came with your clamp? If so, toss it and get some India Ink like OtterSatin said...that stuff that comes with the clamp set is crap...

Back