Tan doe + chestnut buck?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendrikje

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm sort of new in the whole rabbitbreeding-world and those rabbit genetics freak me out :oops: . I'm planning to put my chestnut holland lop buck with my tan doe because I'm really curious what that would make.

The chestnut holland lop buck has a chinchilla holland lop mother and a chestnut holland lop dad (with blue eyes; vienna marked?), the tan doe has, as far as I know, black tan parents.

So I think their babies are going to turn out chestnut, considering this is a very dominant color?

Thanks in advance!

So I think their babies are going to turn out chestnut, considering this is a very dominant color?
I agree.

If your chestnut buck carries self then there is a possibility you could get otters

If your tan doe carries any recessives on her C-locus you could get chinchilla

If you're really lucky you might get both genes and have silver martens :D

Thanks! It would be really awesome if I had some otters...

But how do I know if the chestnut buck carries self? I know the parents of his dad are both chestnut, though one has blue eyes.

And the tan doe comes from a breeder who had only black tans, is there any chance she carries recessives? I don't want to get my hopes up to high, but it would be nice :roll:

But how do I know if the chestnut buck carries self? I know the parents of his dad are both chestnut, though one has blue eyes.
You'll only know if he carries self if he has self, or otter, kits.

And the tan doe comes from a breeder who had only black tans, is there any chance she carries recessives?
Anything is possible, accord to some the red eyed white gene has persisted in the Silver Fox breed since the 60's

Latest posts

Back