Table breeding

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Tom

Reaction score
Well, I table bred two does today. I think. :? :?

I checked each doe's vent and both seemed a darker pink than usual, but not the deep purple I have seen in the past with my other does. I've been trying to breed these two for 3 weeks with no luck, so I thought I would give table breeding a try. I tried to stroke their vents to see if I could get them to lift, but no such luck. So I basically held them in place as the bucks mounted them. This is the first time I have ever tried this.

I used my black satin buck to a broken blue satin doe. I only got one fall off and I had a heck of a time with getting her in position. The second doe was a NZW and I used a californian buck. I picked him because he always seems eager to breed. I got two fall offs with him. Both does had wet vents when we were done, so I think we had successful penetration.

Time will tell :popcorn:

I have been able to do this in the past when necessary, but the bucks I have now don't seem to want help. I hold the doe for them, and they leave. :?

I tried holding my one reluctant doe for breeding a couple times with no luck. The doe just clamped her butt on the ground, and the buck was too "shy" to perform, like Miss M's. The way I do it now is to put the doe in with the buck, watch for a few minutes to make sure they're more interested in lovin' than fighting, and then I just leave her in with him overnight, usually about 12 hours or so. I know this wouldn't work for a lot of people, but I've got really mellow bunnies. It's given us 2 litters of 7 each this way, and it's a much lower-maintenance style of getting breedings done. I think they might calm down a little more after I leave, and that makes it easier for them to get in the right mood.
Hopefully your table breedings took, good luck :)

One of my holdouts finally decided she was ready to breed today! :p

Hopefully, the other will decide to, as well. Soon. Like tomorrow. :?

Latest posts

Back