Switching nest boxs

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oando

Reaction score
This morning, I woke to a kit who had crawled out of the box and passed away. I was so upset for the loss. I went out and bought another nest box with taller sides, so none of the other kits can climp out. So my question is, will the mother know to feed the kits in the new box? I carefully put in all the hay and fur from the other box and made it look very similar. It is in the same spot as the other box. The babies have settled in just fine. I am so worried the mom won't know to feed them in the new box. (The babies are only 4days old)

Ok thank you zass. I was so worried she would reject them.
She seems to be ok with it, when I last checked on them, it looks like she fixed the nest back up.

So glad you posted this. Luna kindled this morning, and while I thought the nest box was a bit big I wanted to give her more room since she was so huge, but seeing that she only had 8 kits there's too much room, and a few where a bit chilly. So I am going to be putting them in the smaller nest box so they stay closer together. Some where at the back, and some were at the front.

Latest posts

Back