Sweetie Pie the She-Devil

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovehome

Reaction score
I have an Elop that eventually was named Sweetie Pie because she was, well, so sweet. She is due to deliver this week, so I made her a nice nest box filled with pine chips, a layer of straw and then a softer layer of hay. Sweetie Pie promptly jumped into the box and started flinging mouthfuls of hay onto the cage floor. Then she turned around, and started digging like a dog so all of the pine chips went flying everywhere, so now her nest box floor is nothing but a piece of plywood. I gave her more hay, but she tried to attack it like a she devil. I will be checking every hour to see if she delivers the kits in the empty box or what. Sigh...I do remember now with her first litter this spring, I removed the nest box the first few days because she kept trying to dig a hole with the kits in it...some of these bunnies! :x

Attachments

• IMG_3985.jpg
    IMG_3985.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_3987.jpg
    IMG_3987.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 177
After all the fuss, she produced only two kits in the hay at the foot of the box, so I moved them into the fur so they are fine. The best news is that since this sire and dam were added to the barn last year, we have our first Chestnut, and they are possible chocolate carriers! So these guys will be staying here for future test breeding. Fun, Fun!

Attachments

• IMG_3991.jpg
    IMG_3991.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 140
Congratulations! Two is better than none!

It's amazing that you can see that their ears are long even from birth. Too cute. :)

Latest posts

Back