Suspected Hepatic Coccidiosis

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlbinoGiant

Reaction score
So its going to be two weeks until I can get some of my rabbits examined by a vet. I suspect they have liver coccidiosis. I previously treated them with Easycox which did nothing. EasyCox only treats intestinal coccidosis, it doesn't cover the other type. I have a bottle of MegaCox which will treat the Herpatic liver coccidiosis but I don't know the dose.

It says on the bottle 100ml treats 4.5 liters of water but my rabbits are not going to drink that much. What would the dose be for one liter of water?

Each liter is 1000 ML divide by 4.5 you get 22.2 ml per liter. Look on a measuring cup, most of them have both liter and cups/quarts on it. Use a 5 ml syringe to measure out. Try a feed store to get the 5 ml syringe. Or order online.

That is the calculations I got but 22ml seemed like a lot for one liter bearing in mind that is a bird dose and normally the dose is much higher for rabbits.

I have some good news... the coccidia looks like its clearing up so I may not need to give them any megacox and they are seeing the vet this coming Thursday. I managed to get an earlier appointment so all is good right now.

Latest posts

Back