Survey for Masters Thesis

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was frustrated with certain questions, like "does a buck spray?"

There was no "NOT EVERY BUCK" answer.

It felt like it was being tested on how much I knew about rabbits in a right or wrong sort of way, with no middle ground.

squidpop":1pdhx3df said:
I wonder what the masters students thesis statement is- what are they trying to discover with this?

Her advisor is Dr J. Coe
Jason joined the Ontario Veterinary College in the Department of Population Medicine where he has established an active research program examining the human-animal bond as well as the role of interpersonal communications on the outcomes of veterinary care. In his current role at the College, he co-coordinates the clinical communication curriculum across all 4 years of the veterinary program and is involved in teaching students about the relationships that exist between people and animals. In 2010, Jason was awarded the Nestlé Purina PetCare Canada Chair in Communications dedicated to improving the relationship between companion-animals and people through research and education.

Basically his job is to educate future vets on how to talk to people about their pets and in this survey I think they are trying to get a feel for how many radical rabbit owners there are and how educated they are about rabbit care.

I agree that a few more "other" boxes where you can explain would be helpful since rabbit care is not all black and white but with a lot of grey areas.

A synopsis of the survey https://surveys.ccs.uoguelph.ca/limeSur ... ?sid=96412

Definitely very skewed. Some questions did not have a suitable answer because they are so pet forum type.

Dood":325ggtb3 said:
squidpop":325ggtb3 said:
I wonder what the masters students thesis statement is- what are they trying to discover with this?

Her advisor is Dr J. Coe
Jason joined the Ontario Veterinary College in the Department of Population Medicine where he has established an active research program examining the human-animal bond as well as the role of interpersonal communications on the outcomes of veterinary care. In his current role at the College, he co-coordinates the clinical communication curriculum across all 4 years of the veterinary program and is involved in teaching students about the relationships that exist between people and animals. In 2010, Jason was awarded the Nestlé Purina PetCare Canada Chair in Communications dedicated to improving the relationship between companion-animals and people through research and education.

Basically his job is to educate future vets on how to talk to people about their pets and in this survey I think they are trying to get a feel for how many radical rabbit owners there are and how educated they are about rabbit care.

I agree that a few more "other" boxes where you can explain would be helpful since rabbit care is not all black and white but with a lot of grey areas.

A synopsis of the survey https://surveys.ccs.uoguelph.ca/limeSur ... ?sid=96412

What a interesting topic for writing a masters.
Since I'm breeding and not just a pet owner I hope it didn't skew his results- because I would answer differently than a person who just has a rabbit as a pet. Its interesting its for Vets because my answers on the survey would show that I don't have very much faith in veterinarians as far as rabbits go. That's why I get my information on this forum.

Its interesting its for Vets because my answers on the survey would show that I don't have very much faith in veterinarians as far as rabbits go.
Lol me too! Hopefully this survey will help remedy that.

Since I've got 16 to 70 rabbits at any one time I've probably spent more than the average rabbit owner at the vets (many drugs are hard to come by without a prescription in Canada) and I do consider my breeders pets as well. The questionare ask to focus on my most recent rabbit purchase who just happened to be a Mini Lop house bunny that is also a breeder.

Latest posts

Back