Surprise dutch patterned kits?!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TF3

Reaction score
Hi! I've been MIA lately... just growing bunnies and busy with other things.

So, my dear sweet Larkspur had 7 babies~ I removed them after she killed 4 with clumsy new mama stuff.
Then 1 passed in the nest, and another opened its eyes and hopped out on a -30C night. Ugh.
And they were such a mystery colour litter!

We have ONE remaining and I would love to know what she is!
(I apologize for the blurriness, I kept these guys in to avoid any more freezings and they were HUNGRY)
una1.jpg
una2.jpg
una3.jpg
una4.jpg

Sire is Royal, my Cali buck~ he has produced some colourful kits, so I know his ch hides a lot of fun stuff.
royalbrows.jpg

What I know for sure based on what he has produced:
aa B_ chc Dd E(?)e and I assume enen...
(dood says self or even super-steel for him...?)

Dam is Larkspur, who is Siamese Sable AND a Royal daughter (so it was daughter to father breeding for this litter):
aa B_ cchlch D_ E_ enen

So is it possible that Royal's ch hides a dutch gene? And when doubled with his daughter we got dutch pattern? (assuming it works like broken?)
There were 4 of them in the litter. All with white shawls and face blaze.

And then.. what is the coat colour?
Larkspur (SiSable) looked this colour at that age... or is it blue? (Royal has produced blue himis)
I am so sorry only one survived, but I repeated the breeding to try and see more!

The kit is some sort of sable

To me it doesn't quite look like a blue sable / smoke Pearl BUT if the steel gene is involved i think it could darken a blue sable to this shade :shrug:

Thanks! I wish we were keeping them to see!
It's bluish, but then, the dam was this colour and she is a very dark Siamese Sable now.
We'll see what the next weeks bring... it is the cutest baby!

Latest posts

Back