Surgery in the Morning

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie570

Reaction score
I'll be having breast reduction surgery in the morning.

It's voluntary, basically to improve the quality of my life. I never even seriously thought I would be approved for it, so the approval was a bit of a shock. I'm both happy about it and terrified of the procedure.

It's a fairly long surgery and just the knowledge that people die under anesthesia is really scary for me. On the one hand, I worry that I'm putting myself in unnecessary risk (my only real concern is my son - it would be a disaster for him if I died). On the other hand, I understand that the chance of complications is very small and my quality of life will be vastly improved by this procedure, I hope.

Any way, I will be under the knife in the morning. Please keep me in your thoughts. I will have my tablet with me and hopefully be able to update that I'm doing ok.

Also a little worried about the bunnies, since I won't be able to check on them or feed them all day Wednesday and not until later on Thursday at the earliest. :/ I'll make sure they have full feeders, plenty of hay and topped off water bottles before I leave today. Wish us luck.

Our thoughts and good wishes go with you, Susie. :good-luck:

Surgery - even the most minor procedure - is always a bit scary. These days, though, the risks are small and I'm sure the benefits will make the worry worthwhile.

:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:

You'll be in my thoughts.

I wish I had your courage and determination, as I have suffered with the same problem since I was 13.

*gentle hugs for a quick recovery*

Marinea":39aug7x6 said:
You'll be in my thoughts.

I wish I had your courage and determination, as I have suffered with the same problem since I was 13.

*gentle hugs for a quick recovery*

Thanks all :)

Marinea - don't be afraid to look into it. I'm afraid of the surgery, but the vast majority of cases I've read (and talked to) of people who have this done, were happy with the results. I'm not even 'huge' (compared to many people), but the strain on my back, the underwires, the discomfort, the worry of breast cancer (and yes, even a small percentage of vanity... because being large isn't 'attractive' to my eye at least) made me decide that if I were given the opportunity to have this done, I would do it.

Best wishes for an easy transition and a quick and perky recovery.

I have had four surgeries in the last five years.
I have always been surprised that none were half as bad as I feared.
May you have a good recovery and great pain reliving drugs.

Thanks everyone. :)
I'm still alive :D

The surgery went well, no complications that I know of. Of course I'm pretty sore, but I was allowed to stay in a motel room last night, instead if the hospital. That was truly a blessing.

I'm still dealing with anesthesia in my system, making me feel a bit groggy and slightly blurred vision, my pupils are still dilated. I'm having some congestion, most likely from the intubation. I feel like I have whiplash. I haven't had a single pain treatment though and they gave me a lot of stuff to ward off nausea, so I didn't get sick. Yay!

Anyway, guess ill be sore comer a while, but all is well.

I'm glad everything went well and hope that you feel better soon!

And heyyyy... now you get to go lingerie shopping! Better splurge on at least one really nice new brassiere! :p

Good to hear all went well. I hope the recovery goes quickly and smoothly. There's an emotion healing that comes with things like this, too. :clover: :love:

Thanks everyone :)

I just decided to take a Percogesic to see if it will help with just the body-muscle soreness. I feel really stiff, like I had a long hard workout. The surgeon did send me home with some heavy-duty pain meds, but I haven't touched them so far. My appetite has been basically non-existent, but hey... might make for a good diet! ;)

I was wondering how things went!!

Take it easy!! And give yourself time. I know I was feeling the effects of anesthesia for probably a good week post surgery (finally starting to feel normal after my surgery last week) - I had an emotional breakdown on Sunday, totally blaming it on the meds :oops: I didn't have much of an appetite either.

I'm glad you are doing well!
No pain meds?! Sweet!
(and I hear you on the kiddo needing mom... *hugs*)

(gonna talk boobies here... so be warned!)

I had this surgery in 2008 and I highly recommend it!
My neck and back and arms... everything ... was awful, I couldn't do anything that required sustained arm use (sewing, painting etc) and I wore a bra 24/7.
I was BIG (I/J) and I am still big (DD)(the doc would only stay within what suited my frame although I told her to take it all!) but ergonomics is EVERYTHING.
In the end it was 5 lbs. gone and the placement changed drastically.

Truthfully, it was very painful for me and I was on meds longer than I wanted to be, but there was substantial nerve involvement, trouble with sutures healing and so on.
(a friend had a mastectomy a year after my surgery and she breezed through it~ no gravity, no nerves etc.)
So I never tell people it is an easy surgery.

I have some numbness at the sides which is permanent, and some tight skin in spots, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Exercise, holding babies, shirts that fit, just about everything is SO much better.
I can wear an Empire waist~ not flattering but the waistline no longer runs above my bustline LOL
(I still can't wear an underwire bra since surgery, it hurts along my scar lines but I can get away with cotton tshirt bras or *gasp* I can wear no bra and not be in tears!)

For me the change was hard to get used to as far as appearance~ I suddenly had a prominent tummy LOL ~ I always did, except my boobs were bigger!
And it took several weeks for me not to feel like I was ready to ball room dance, with my arms held up at my sides and away from my body... because what had held them up was no longer there.
On the upside, at 42, with DDs I am perky enough to pass the 'pencil test' with flying colours ;)

Take it slow and easy.
Don't push it~ the deep tissue stuff takes a long time to heal.

Latest posts

Back