stuff around the house

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvabunny

Reaction score
Last Saturday - double show 3 hours away. Up at 4 am. On the road before 5:00. Did pretty good in the first show. Did real good in the second show. Won BOB and BOS. Didn't stay for BIS due to weather, but might have had a real good chance since everyone was leaving. Oh well. Got home just as temps dropped below freezing, drizzle turned to sleet, and roads to ice. I heard show didn't end until 8 pm. I left at 5:30.

Sunday - sleet, snow, wind, lighting and thunder all day. Miserable. Temps in the 10's to teens. Ended up with about 2" of sleet on the ground. Concerned about more frostbitten ears, packed up all the show and jr rabbits and brought them inside. 8 cages all 2 or 3 rabbits each. What a chore. The youngsters in the nestboxes stayed out in the barn and did just fine. Good Mama's!

Monday - sunny with a high of 20. Stayed home from work with a stomach bug I picked up at the show. Streets all solid ice. Waited until about 3:00 and decided I couldn't stand the smell anymore. Tromped all rabbits back out to the barn. Thawed water bowls. Outside faucets all frozen up so carrying water out. Luckily, didn't kill myself going down frozen steps innumerable times with carry cages and 5 gal water buckets. Got a chill that took my electric blanket until 2 am to cure.

Tuesday - I feel AWFUL! Nose is stuffed up. Eyes keep wanting to close. Didn't roll out of bed until after 10. No energy. Need to go open barn and give fresh water. Need to get in the shower and scrub the stench off. Need to clean the bathroom where the rabbits spent the night. Need to get out and go vote on mayor. Need to clean and refill truck from show. Need to get a few groceries. Really need to be at work. What have I accomplished?
This post. Tomorrow has GOT to be a better day!

Wow, what a time you've had! You might not have accomplished a ton today - but it sounds like you accomplished quite a bit this past weekend! Congratulations on the show, and on your finely tuned common sense to get on the road before the weather got too bad! I hope that you start feeling better fast and that Mother Nature will stop throwing her fits! Sounds like your mama doe deserves some extra treats, glad that she's taking care of her babies!

I feel fortunate that our weather has been really beautiful off and on the past couple weeks. We've actually had an even milder than normal winter. I did have a procedure done on my spine today - which was supposed to include a novocaine injection to keep me comfortable for at least six hours - NOT! The ride home (50 minutes) was torture and I'm sitting here on my heating pad trying to hold still, but I feel like I have stakes sticking out of my back and hips. This is supposed to start working at make it easier for me to stand and walk within the next (up to) four or five days, and I'm sitting here hoping it only takes ONE!! I'm a little bummed, because I want to be the one taking care of our new rabbits, and with the steep ground to get there I probably won't even get to go out there for at least another day. Maybe by tomorrow night. I was supposed to get this treatment last Friday, so I am at least glad that I postponed so I could enjoy the rabbits their first few days with us.

Latest posts

Back