Stuck Up Rabbit gets a name.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owlsfriend

Reaction score
This poor Jr. Buck has been "black buck" since the day I first peeked at everyone's privates....Others of the litter have gone cross-country, but this little BB is still at my house, even though he was "pick of the litter" (word, so much for holding a rabbit for anyone ever again.) He's pretty calm, got dense wool, matted as heck--he is a jr, after all.

Yesterday, BB got a taste of freedom as I was cleaning the entire shed. He spent 2 hours in a 24X36 pen on the grass. He was a binking fool with a 5 ft. race track. HOWEVER, he was not over-joyed to be returned to his smaller cage, even though it was all nice and clean. I got the distinct feeling he was miffed, but chose to believe that he was laying with his back to the fan (His cage was much closer in the new location) but I'm pretty sure he was in a snit.

This morning when I went out to feed, everyone was "out of order" as my husband had run out of patience and started sticking rabbits wherever there was room--so much for the does on one side of the shed and bucks on the other. BB was still ignoring me, or so I thought. In reality, he was hiding an "injury"....he'd gotten tangled in fly paper-tape. This was way worse than brare rabbit and the tar-baby....It started on his haunch, snaked around his side, under his chin and over his cheek to end up on his shoulder. Pulling gently was not the answer, not only did he try to pull in the opposite direction, he had obviously already tried than and was completely out of patience with that tactic.

What to do? What to do? I took him inside and tried carefully cutting it out....first cutting the tape into sections. That basically worked as he'd gotten the tape completely embedded in his wool, but not down to his skin. Now it looks like a drunken smurf ran rampage with a lawn mower down one side, under his chin and over his cheek, only to end swirving on his back...and it was such lovely jr. wool, too. (sigh) But that left his short fur on face and ear totally sticky....Wikepedia, here we come! They suggested vegtable oil....Facebook suggested baby wipes, Goo-B-Gone, and olive oil.

He did get a real name out of this mis-adventure....Marty McFly, the kid from Back to the Future with Micheal J Fox.

Love the name!

You'll have to get a picture and share with us.

Oh dear me... I am SO glad I wasn't taking a drink of my tea when I got to the bit about the drunken smurf with the lawnmower! :rotfl:

I hope you know you just made diet coke squirt out of my nose. LOL
Drunken smurf with a lawn mower. I can really picture this.
I think his new name fits him well. I bet this will be one adventure he will not soon forget.
you could always tell him he is getting ready to ship out to Boot Camp so you gave him a Crew Cut.

Latest posts

Back