Stress reliever?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birds Buns N Bees

Reaction score
Does anybody have any suggestions regarding stress relievers for rabbits? I attended a show this past weekend and one of my juniors got extremely stressed. I hate to see that happen, so I'm wondering if there are any supplements or anything that seems to work really well to help ease their stress when traveling, or in other potentially stressful situations. Thanks!

I'm just getting started with rabbits, but my research for my rabbit medicine chest:

Lemon Balm - calming
Lavender, the flowers are a mild tranquilizer - a good stress reliever (only if not pregnant, it can stimulate contractions)
Chamomile - if the herb is fed it is a pain reliever & calming agent

I don't know if you were looking for herbal or modern medicine, but this is what I've come up with for stressed out rabbits. I'm hoping that it works, as I'm planning to use it when we bring ours home this weekend!

Schipperkesue":24sonucd said:

The first time I took Parsley Graybuns to the volunteer center for a nail trim (I'd never seen it done, and neither had DH--my potential assistant), Parsley freaked out. We held his carrier at the same level as the table, so he didn't have to be lifted up, but he was still completely weirded out. One of the volunteers reached into her pocket and asked, "Do you mind if I use some Rescue Remedy on him?" and I said, "Go ahead; I didn't think to bring mine."

It took a minute, but whether he simply got used to the situation or the RR made the difference, I can't say. It didn't hurt him, in any case. :)

Latest posts

Back