Strange Going Ons in the Rabbit Colony

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marian

Reaction score
A doe was due on Aug 26. That date came and went with no fanfare, so did the next and the next and so forth and so on. I figured she missed. I left the nest box in simply because I didn't get around to it. Yesterday, day 38, I find the nest fully and beautifully furred. Still no kits as of this morning. I've never had a doe go over 33 days and I don't think I've heard of one going more than 36 days. It's strange but then bunnies are always a learning experience. I'm keeping a close eye on her just in case she has a super large kit in there.

Oh, gee... I hope she's okay. A bit scary when they go that long and still seem to be 'in waiting'. I know you have excellent knowledge of herbs and their uses. Is this a case where giving her something might be appropriate?

I would be scared. What would happen if there WERE a super big baby? Is it possible she would just die? Do singles tend to go later than litters? It would make sence, in human the more there is, the shorter the pregnancy seems to be...

Sending bunny luck your way...

Well no kits. She's just fine. Hopping around eating/pooping drinking fine. I know rabbits are good at hiding pain but there are tell-tale signs and this girl is showing none of them, she's a picture of health so I didn't give her any herbs or aromatherapy. I find it very strange but then we are talking bunnies here. I'll breed her again after the new moon and see what happens.

Latest posts

Back