Stiff fur on a Rex

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 3.5 year old blue standard Rex buck that is literally out to pasture, meaning he is a free bunny that we have let loose in the yard. He is such a sweet lovable bunny!

When he sheds, he gets these raised patches of fur (usually orange) that fall out in clumps.

But lately, he has this orange fur over his back, sides and top of the head (but not the back of his neck). But it is very stiff as if he has hair gel in it. It won’t come out if I pull on it.

below is photo. I will try to post a video

IMG_0838.jpeg

That absolutely looks like Rex fur which has been consistently peed on. Is there a way to block him from sitting under the hutches? Give him an alternative shelter right next to them? Even if you did bathe him, it wouldn't really remove the staining/damage, just the currently crusty pee.

That absolutely looks like Rex fur which has been consistently peed on. Is there a way to block him from sitting under the hutches? Give him an alternative shelter right next to them? Even if you did bathe him, it wouldn't really remove the staining/damage, just the currently crusty pee.
Thanks for the info. This has got to be it.

He goes under our shed for shelter.

I will have to put hardware cloth around the perimeter of the hutch

Latest posts

Back