Stay out of my house!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessicaR

Reaction score
My darn chickens wont stop coming in the house :evil: :lol: I have a sliding glass door that I keep open most of the time so the dogs can come in and out when they want to, well the chickens have started to come in also. I feel like that stanley steamer commercial, the one where he talks about free ranging house chickens. My neighbors already think I am crazy :nana: I can just imagine what they think now :lol: Good thing Belle likes to herd, she gets them outside for me!

They know where the good life is! They'll be up on the counters and into the fruit bowl in no time. :mrgreen: Be thankful they don't have oppose-able thumbs, or they would be in the fridge too!

When I had sheep, they used to come and look in the french doors all of the time. They did get into the house once while it was under construction- we were having our central vac system installed, and the installer was in the basement with the kids. He heard the clip-clop and asked the kids if it was our Great Danes, and Queenpup exclaimed "No, it's the sheep!" as if it was a regular occurrence! :x

Hubs started trying to herd them out, but I insisted on taking photos first- and ended having sheep pellets and pee on the plywood subfloor of the kitchen! :lol:

We get wild critters in the house from time to time -- chipmunks, weasels, rats, mice, bats and snakes -- but so far our livestock has stayed out, except by invitation. Marilla quite enjoys it when something wanders in. :)

haha oh this reminds me of when my goats got in our house! LOL My mom and I were just sitting talking in our living room and all of a sudden one after another in comes all three goats..all i could say was "Well Hi there!" LOL :)

Dog door. We put one in, 2 out of 3 dogs use it. The 3rd is a giant nutcase and won't.
Add a flap or something in the door way to stop the chickens, but let the dogs walk under.

I've talked to people who've had the same problem with their goat, alpacas, chickens, whatever lol. I would take these problems over my own any day! I remember moving into a house when I was a little kid and there were stray cats the came and went though the window wells and lived in our basement rafters.

At least your goats came in thru the door. When I had them, they preferred to bust the window out.<br /><br />__________ Wed May 23, 2012 5:22 pm __________<br /><br />At least your goats came in thru the door. When I had them, they preferred to bust the window out.

Lastfling":2kggxzfn said:
At least your goats came in thru the door. When I had them, they preferred to bust the window out.

How did they taste? Were they BBQ'd or broiled? :twisted:

On a spit over hardwood coals! :mrgreen: Actually, wound up giving them away. 3 fenced acres, but they preferred the greener side.

You could just do what I do...make them part of the decor!

Attachments

• IMG_2581.jpg
    IMG_2581.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 659
well at least it gives Belle something to do, she loves to try and herd the chickens!

Back