Starting over, again!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
https://photos.app.goo.gl/cKrMVQE8zNug26sL7

The buck and one of the two does, Rex, that I went properly mental and purchased from a breeder last week.

Only saw pictures and had to pay for delivery but when a bad attack of rabbitaquirensis hits, one will do ANYTHING to get one's hit (breed) of choice. :lol:

I did manage to get them at a price that, even with delivery, only cost the regular going rate for Rex so not too bad. :cool:

Pleased with them and the new area is shaping up nicely. A courtyard with only one way in and out, gravel over hardpan, and very sheltered. Am putting up a shed and covering the gate with wire and shade cloth so it can't be seen through or chewed out of.

Now, as long as the ultra-rex-jinx stays away, the new buns should give joy and not heartache.

Do they have names yet? Litters yet? Pretty buns, they must be really soft when you pet them? Do they have good temperaments?

hotzcatz":1a7yqc4e said:
Do they have names yet? Litters yet? Pretty buns, they must be really soft when you pet them? Do they have good temperaments?

Names are Boris for the buck and Natashia for one doe - both names from Rocky and Bullwinkle - and the other doe is Fifi from Dangermouse.

No litters yet, about to give them a try as the spring weather should give them a boost.

Sadly, not really. :( After all these weeks they are still skittish and jumpy. Fifi is the best, at least I can put my hand on her in one go but the other two play the game of your hand is there so I am going here and back and forth two or three times before I can pet them.

And as the breeder said people are always pleased with how friendly her bunnies are, I suspect that properly friendly buns are few and far between over here.

My last herd would storm the doors as soon as they saw me and pass up on food in order to be petted and cuddled. Gosh, I do miss them.

Back