standards

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Is there any place to read a breed standard other than the ARBA Standards of Perfection book? I want to know what I should be looking for in my Cremes, but I don't want to pay $20 for a book of every breed of rabbit and cavy.

Robin":1pmjzhf4 said:
Is there any place to read a breed standard other than the ARBA Standards of Perfection book? I want to know what I should be looking for in my Cremes, but I don't want to pay $20 for a book of every breed of rabbit and cavy.

Probably not specifically for the Cremes, unless their specialty club has one. Given the trouble you'd have to go thru to get it, I'd tell you to just go the $20 and get the ARBA SOP. It's what the judges are required to use anyway.

Robin,
don't sell yourself short!
I would as SatinsRule stated, go the $20.00
and purchase the standard. You never know when
some of that information will come in handy.
I purchase a new copy whenever they come out.
This is how you will have access to any of the
new changes which may have taken place.
The Standard of Perfection is a good book to
have in your arsenal. Another great book to have is:
"Rabbit Production" I've just seen where a new edition
is due to come out in 2012. Might want to wait for it.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

it's only 15 or 20 dollars after shipping, and
EVERYTHING in it is Copyrighted, and I believe ARBA is pretty good about keeping it that way hence under trade law, it really isn't to be posted as that is the CORE of arba.

Buy it, money well spent, or go to a show, there are always afew floating around.

I would agree that it's worth the $ to buy your own standard. You can learn a lot about rabbit body type in general by reading through the other breeds, plus it has color photos and a really helpful glossary and condition standards. It's worth spending some time in if you want to get into the show world! :)

Latest posts

Back