Squatters?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TMTex":gj8x2iiy said:
(The woman was talking to her husband as if they were going to be there for some time into the future. I reminded her that they'll be gone next week. She looked surprised for some reason, but acknowledged that they'll be gone.)
Sounds like they intend to stay, and she accidentally spilled the beans in front of you.

I am not a lawyer and have Not stayed in a holiday inn express :)... but i Do watch several judge/court shows on tv.....

It seems that the longer they are permitted to be there... the More the law will say that One has given them permission to be there ...Then it gets far More difficult to get them out as they have it as their residence ....

Might want to check the laws in Your area..... Good Luck in this situation....

We had some friends have a similar issue. They have a bit of property that is remote and pretty well secluded from view. One day the wife went out to pick up some firewood and found someone had hauled in a singlewide trailer and set up house. They pulled out a fake deed and bill of sale for the property. Now there was no question as to who owned the place, but since they had a "deed" the law said the real owners had to let the squatters stay until it was all sorted out. In the meantime, the squatters put up a fence so the owners couldn't even get on the property without cutting a lock.

It drug on for a year. At one point the squatters had assault charges filed on the owners claiming they attacked them. The husband admitted to pushing one of them out of the way when he tried to block the owner from coming through the gate.

So yeah the water thing worked out ok, but get rid of them. The law isn't in your favor on this one and you're a lot nicer than I am. If it'd been me I would have hooked onto that trailer and hauled it off.

Back