Sprouted flaxseed

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frecs

Reaction score
Just wanted to mention this:

I've been sprouting a mix of seeds: wheat/boss/lentils for my rabbits and adding a sprinkling of flaxseeds to the mix after the initial soak but during the several days of sprouting. Each rabbits gets about a teaspoon or so of sprouted flaxseeds in their portion.

WOW! what a change in their coats! Glossy and silky and GORGEOUS! The Fangora's coat is so different from when she first came to me...thick and healthy and glossy...she is amazing looking and I love to brush her wool...and she doesn't seem to be as sensitive to being brushed.

Are you noticing an issue with runny poos? I tried feeding straight flax seed, and in with a grain mix, and even with just 1/8th of a tsp, they were having gross, soft poops.

Just be sure to not add the flaxseed until after the initial soak. What I do is soak my wheat/boss/oats/lentils for 6-8 hours, drain. Rinse again in 12 hours and put into a tray. THEN, I sprinkle the flaxseed on top of the tray of grains. Then, with the next rinse, they start getting rinsed but without the opportunity to sit in water and turn the water into gel....

Oh, I'm planning on using soil(well, pro-mix, which is a soil-less mix, which my mom uses for her seedlings and I tend to steal). I'm just starting with boss and wheat(and apparently flax), because that's what I have on hand, lol.

Latest posts

Back