Spring is in the Air!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ihatedarkroast

Reaction score
I think I got my 11 month old unproven rex doe successfully bred for the first time today. Fingers crossed it actually took. But the buck (once he figured out which end was which), did a complete somersault and landed on his head, so I'm feeling optimistic. The doe, Tizzy was extremely hostile last time I tried to introduce them. Even though I put the doe in with the buck, they actually got into a scuffle. I had to separate them fast. Since I've never done this before, I was feeling discouraged about it. But for whatever reason, Tizzy was in a really good mood today and sweet as a lamb. Maybe because I trimmed my rose bushes and gave the bunnies the cuttings to snack on, the roses made them feel romantic? LOL. The other funny thing is she might kindle on Earth Day. That would be very cute.

If everything goes well, I'll try to breed my other doe (or both does) around Memorial Day weekend and shoot for more kits at the end of June. She isn't quite old enough to breed right now.
With my husband and I both off work for the summer, we should have a lot more free time to fuss over the rabbits. I'm moving Tizzy to an XL converted chicken coop tomorrow, which is stationary. I'm probably going to build a fence around it, so I'm going to have to decide if I want to put it near the rabbit tractors, or move it elsewhere. It gets very hot in the summer where the tractors are now. But that's also where the best grass is. I suppose I have some time to think about it before the weather heats too much.

That is good to know. I'll have to be careful.
The cage that she is currently in is a tractor. So if I don't move it around, she digs a huge hole and could escape. Maybe I can slide a bottom into it and stuff it full of hay instead. I'll think of something.

Back