Spreading the Luv... of rabbit enchiladas!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaSheepdog

Reaction score
Hubs and the kids made rabbit enchiladas the other night. I boiled a large doe- she was probably around nine months old- so we had enough for two large Pyrex dishes of enchiladas.

We ate one entire dish that night, but saved the other for Sunday to share at gun class.

For transport and to keep them warm while we were in class, I put Spanish rice on the bottom of the crock pot and added rabbit broth (simmered down from about 4" to 1") to it so the rice wouldn't burn, preheated the enchiladas in the oven, and layered them on top.

They were a hit! I may have some meat sales because of it. :p

I went to TSC after class, and a couple of the guys that work there were outside waiting to load stall mats for a customer. One of 'em asked "How's the rabbit business going?" and I told him about the enchiladas- and since I had a couple left as well as some rice, I made up a plate for each of them. :D

They were absolutely raving over them, even bragging to their co-workers on how they had missed out, and said that the rice was the absolute best they had ever had.

*Pats self on back smugly*

:bunnyhop:

Rabbit enchiladas is a favorite here. My 16 year old son requested them for his birthday. Of course he got them.

I bet the cooked down broth was a factor. Concentrated flavor like that I bets a huge boost. NICELY DONE!!!!

I agree recipe please!

Latest posts

Back