Spot's on the bellies of the broken's?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR_ND

Reaction score
:angry: :evil: :wall:

I told myself I should get Polish instead of Nd's because their color was simpler and it wouldn't result in :wall: :rant: . Not true! I discovered a spot on my broken doe's belly and two spots on my broken black buck's belly and 2 spots on the belly of my main herd buck (that is headed to freezer camp).

Is this a DQ? I was reading the standard and it said scattered colored (or white on colored rabbits) hairs were a fault but it didn't say anything about spots on the belly. I'm thinking cull the buck and sell the doe as pet (she is really sweet and tiny so she wouldn't have much meat anyway).

But what do you all think?

Attachments

• SAM_1949.JPG
    SAM_1949.JPG
    378 KB · Views: 279
  • SAM_1958.JPG
    SAM_1958.JPG
    291.9 KB · Views: 279
  • SAM_1960.JPG
    SAM_1960.JPG
    265.6 KB · Views: 279
  • SAM_1961.JPG
    SAM_1961.JPG
    262.7 KB · Views: 279
Brokens are allowed to have white or coloured spots BUT they should have a nice "butterfly" nose marking and symmetry

They also shouldn't have too much white or too much colour. I believe the range is supposed to be 30% to 70%

Brockens are allowed to have a few spots on there bellies. As long as there's more white. What breed do u have? Srry if I missed that.

__________ Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:57 am __________

Dood":gyrn2wmr said:
Brokens are allowed to have white or coloured spots BUT they should have a nice "butterfly" nose marking and symmetry

They also shouldn't have too much white or too much colour. I believe the range is supposed to be 30% to 70%
It's 15%-80% anything else is considerd DQ. Because it makes it a solid.
In going to correct my self on the range. It's 10%-50% anything more is considerd booted( a DQ) anything less is a charlie( DQ). I had a 11% black Brocken buck, Judge was about to DQ him, so it's best to have a 15% and up.

Latest posts

Back