Spinning Supplies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just paid $17 a pound for Romney. I would have like to buy roving but it was way more expensive other than this mixed fiber roving. Now to wait for it to get here. I also bought a drop spindle to use for now. I do still want a kick spindle but I decided I want to be sure before I spend that money. :) I will get it in February when I get the bunz. lol

etsy is great for buying fiber. personally i've only really looked at raw fleeces really so cant say much about the rest.

i made my first drop spindle and second one was gifted to me. bought spinning wheel off ebay (less then $200 including shipping, and the lady was late to ship it so tossed in a "suprise" turned out to be a nice art batt) but you get what you pay for and i have worked and altered that wheel A LOT!

playlist of videos i used when learning to spin, also vids on washing, etc http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... re=mh_lolz

my wheel (dont mind the mess i was middle of moving rooms around when i took the pic)
katiepicsspinninwheelvid086.jpg

first yarn i spun and plied all on my handmade drop spindle
fiberthings001-3.jpg

i havent been able to search much lately for supplies and dont remember enough to say much about last time i did. dont have money to spend on them so doing my best not to tempt myself with looking. though i would guess etsy would have some cheaper then other places if you knew what to look for and dont buy so cheap that it wont be usable.

Back