Sore on legs

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2 bun-owner

Reaction score
Noticed sores on both legs on my
Doe. Looks like she bit her self between
The thigh of the leg and the foot in the joint.
One leg was bleeding and could see the bone
And the other was dried blood not as bad. Could
I put nerosporen (clear) on it? Would that
Help heal it? Seems to leave it alone though.

How odd. I've never heard of a rabbit self mutilating unless it was excessive scratching due to mite, fleas or fungus.

Topical neosporin will help it heal faster but can also cause dirt/litter to stick to the spots. If it is already dried then leave it alone and just watch for an abscess forming.

Bone injuries get infected easily and are nearly impossible to treat. Watch for swelling or soreness at the hip and toes.

Ok, I will check it out tonight when I feed. If
It's dried I will leave it. I don't know what else
It could have been in that area. The one
Leg looks like a bite mark but in both
Legs and in the same area. Werid!<br /><br />__________ Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:13 pm __________<br /><br />I never thought of this. My doe is pregnant (possiblly)
Could be the reason for the sores cause she's trying
To pull fur? I don't see any fur laying around other
The. Just little strands here and there from her
Molti g but no big chunks anywhere. Weird!

Usually does pull fur from their sides or belly when its nesting time. I haven't heard of ones pulling from their legs. It'll be good to just observe for now. Hopefully, its not infected

I have two does who both pull from their legs. Front and back. It's not unheard of, but these are both mothers who pluck any area they can reach with their mouth bald when they kindle. I thought it was just the heat at first, but my FA doe does it in the middle of winter, so their just amazing mothers. Never injured themselves though. Hope she heals up just fine for you.

Latest posts

Back