SOP revisited -- for a retraction and a pat on the back

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frecs

Reaction score
In the recent SOP pages discussion, I made a statement I need to retract: I said that breed clubs do not provide the breed SOP to members. I stand corrected...

In yesterday's mail, I received the long overdue (but well worth the wait) National Silver Fox Rabbit Club Guidebook. It does include what I believe is at least a summary of the SOP. (I've never seen the SOP book produced by ARBA so I don't know how they compare.) The Guidebook includes a list of what points are given for each characteristic, what is expected, and what the faults are. Even if it is not a "full" SOP...it sure is sufficient for general reference or to get you started. If you get heavy into showing, buy the SOP from ARBA. Otherwise, join your breed club.

I'd also like to take this moment to give a huge pat on the back to the NSFRC (National Silver Fox Rabbit Club) Officers -- you out did yourselves on that Guidebook! :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

A lot of the breed clubs do similar. Sometimes, condensed information is on the breed club website. The ATRSC (American Tan Rabbit Specialty Club)went to CD from a spiral bound version. The Netherland Dwarf breed club book is in a small 3 ring binder. Both are chock full of information in regards to the breed -- history, standards, etc. Makes a breed club membership very worthwhile particularly if you entertain the idea of showing, and even if your don't, but want to know about a breed

Back