Some new snakes I recently picked up :)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyldrose

Reaction score
I added a few new friends to the collection :)
This is Geisha, she is a 3 month old Taiwanese beauty snake, she'll be 8-9 feet full grown!

This is Manson he is a blood python, everything I have read say's these guys are nasty aggressive, but this guy is very tame :)

He's just a baby too, he should be 5-6 foot range full grown and about 35-40lbs, they are a very heavy bodied snake.

Lily (my friends 4yr old named her) is a 1 year old female Kenyan sand boa, she is so cute I need to get into breeding these guys they stay pretty small and are so cute!
She's getting ready to shed

Cute little face!

Here is Arachnophobia, she is a 1 year old spider ball python.

A friend of mine has a few cornsnakes and was in love with one of my girls, so he managed to make me a deal and trade her for 2 of his!
Big mama, she is the biggest cornsnake I have ever seen. She weights 1000grams, my other females are 300-500gram range. She is a normal.

And have not named this girl yet, she is a 2 year old anery cornsnake I love how dark she is!

So that puts me at 34 snakes now :)

I so want a snake but my husband says no. Even if he gave in it would probably be only as big as a corn or king snake. I about gave him a heart attack looking at boas.

They are all so pretty! I really love Manson though- he has such a classically beautiful python head!

HI!!!
I got another new snake too. so i am up to 4. Repticon is coming next month so i hope to get # 5.

cool snakes!
the first one is really pretty :)
I had about 20 snakes for only a month (pet sitting)
they where ball pythons, most where babies, and loved to go up my sleeve :)

Blood pythons are awesome!!! I think the myth about their "agression" is because a lot of people give them humidity-boxes, and then startle the crap out of them whenever they go to grab them...this can make a snake reactive and bite-y. I've met some nasty Bloods but honestly they seemed more scared than agressive. Handled right and not scared on a regular basis, they can be GREAT!!! And that Blood has a LOVELY head, nice deep coloring. :)

Oooo, SPIDERBALL!!!!!!!!! I adore the Spider morph! :) Have you noticed any wobbling? I used to be down on Spiders for the wobble, til I met one who was a REALLY BAD wobbler and frankly, she was docile and happy and healthy. She just looked/acted drunk, LOL. :lol: Her breeder said she only had issues when being fed, she'd get so excited by the smell of prey she'd shimmy all over and half the time couldn't grab the pre-killed mouse...so he'd just grab her, stick it's nose in her mouth, and she'd happily swallow it. :) Having seem a really BAD wobbler having such a good quality of life, I can honestly say I don't have a problem with it...and it IS tied to one of the COOLEST morphs!!! I wanted a Spider female for my Mojave male...can you imagine the combo? :) Sadly wasn't meant to be. :p

You have some LOVELY snakes!!!!!!!

Kyle, Arachno's wobble is very slight almost not noticeable. It comes with the morph sadly. From what I hear the wobble is related to their feeding response, they get so excited to eat they are all over the place. When she is up to weight I am breeding her to my butter to try for some butter bee's aka sputters. I like them much better then bumblebees.

It's amazing how different snakes are from different area's.

Wyldrose":b5z8cj9y said:
Kyle, Arachno's wobble is very slight almost not noticeable. It comes with the morph sadly. From what I hear the wobble is related to their feeding response, they get so excited to eat they are all over the place. When she is up to weight I am breeding her to my butter to try for some butter bee's aka sputters. I like them much better then bumblebees.

It's amazing how different snakes are from different area's.

Butters were on my short list of "morphs I want" but for the life of me I can't recall why. :? :shock: Gods I've forgotten so much about Balls! :(

Man I miss keeping snakes. :(

MaggieJ":b5z8cj9y said:
Very cool snakes... and such pretty patterns. I'm always amazed by how thick the pythons are... Our indigenous snakes are comparatively slender even when they get long.

LOL too true. A lot of colubrids like Garters and Corns are so slender and whippy. ;) I loves me a snake built like a sausage...thick and short and FAT. ;) Balls and Bloods are some of the stumpy-est, thickest, shortest out there. ;) Plus Balls come in a total rainbow of morphs, many of which can be combined. :)

Plus most Balls are super-docile. Though I had one Ball, a male Cinnamon morph...gods that snake was agressive! Open his tub and he'd come straight out, S'd up and ready to fight...I remember one day I packed up all my snakes and took them to my dad's house, to take pictures of them in nice sunlight and with a cool garden backgrop. All my Balls and my Dumeril Boa were like "oh wow, NATURE and stuff, I shall calmly explore!" That Cinnamon whipped around as SOON as I dumped him out of his pillowcase and began heading right for me, LOL! Every picture of him, he was staring right at the camera with "I WILL KILL YOU" face. ;)

The reason it's funny is because he was the smallest python I had, at around a foot and a quarter in length. :lol: He was SOOOO TINY!!! It made his endless rage hilarious and adorable. ;) Little sucker never got me because I knew he'd sure LIKE to, but he bit the crap out of my hook every time I'd grab him, LOL. Heard from a lot of folk that Cinnamons tend to be nasty, something tied to their morph maybe...broke m'heart to sell him as he was a really uniquely marked Cinnamon and I'd had to have him shipped up from a breeder in Florida. :(

My Mojave ball wanted to eat me for the longest time, she has finally started calming down. She is an amazing eater! I bought the butter for her, I was asking if the breeder had any lessers. He didn't but offered me his proven butter male for the price of a lesser hatchling :) It pays to be a repeat customer right? I can't wait to make some BEL's (pure white with blue eyes). I had a cinny for a while, he was a hisser, never tried to bite me. I ended up trading him off for 2 normal girls. I had too many males at the time. Now I am looking for a 2-3 trait male for them :) lol

I love that "most" ball python morphs are co-dominant. I do have a pair of het albino's and a hypo and het :) Excited to get into breeding them soon. My het hypo female just hit 1000grams.

THAT's it then, Leucy's and Super Mojaves are my FAV. Always wanted one, could never afford it, so I got my Mojave male and just keep looking for a decent female of ANY morph to make 'em. As well as a few others just 'cause they're pretty, LOL. I know a lot of people don't like the purpleish tint on the heads of Super Mojaves but I do. ;)

I really wanted Super Mojaves, Leucistics, and Super Cinnamons. Black and white, LOL!!!!!!

Plus I would have loved a few Spider or Pinstripe females, for my Mojave and Cinnamon males. ;) Oh well. One'a these days I'll have s'more. :)

And who knows? Maybe when I'm ready for snakes again the darn Mystic Potions will be affordable, LOL. (HA, probably not. :p)

Frankly I think you got a GOOD deal, Butters are prettier than Lessers, anyways. ;) Plus, proven!!! Takes foreeverrrrrr to get a hatchling to breeding weight. :p I do love the co-dominant morphs...I was always super-paranoid about buying recessives, because I've known a few folk who got swindled. :( What was REALLY hilarious was the guy at the reptile show one day, swearing up and down his Ball was a Mojave (and PRICED as such!) and it was totally just a pretty-marked normal/wild morph. :roll: That's a nice big frosty glass of FAILBOAT right there!

Oh man, when you have babies pipping, PICTURES. I demand pictures. SRSLY. ;)

I am so nervous that my het albino pair wont prove out! They are both 2011's but the female is only 800grams. I got the pair, a male cinny and a non eater male pastel(got him eating good and sold him) for $250(their owner's landlord found the snakes and he has to sell fast). So if they don't prove out I'll pet out the male and breed the female to my co-doms. The het hypo I know is going to prove out, she's from a hypo x Mojave het hypo. With the visual parent she is 100% het.

Wyldrose":e09d1yrj said:
I am so nervous that my het albino pair wont prove out! They are both 2011's but the female is only 800grams. I got the pair, a male cinny and a non eater male pastel(got him eating good and sold him) for $250(their owner's landlord found the snakes and he has to sell fast). So if they don't prove out I'll pet out the male and breed the female to my co-doms. The het hypo I know is going to prove out, she's from a hypo x Mojave het hypo. With the visual parent she is 100% het.

Don't let a first breeding disappoint if you don't get your albinos...genetics can be a fluke-y thing. ;) My Mojave male was super-cheap because his breeder bred Mojave x Mojave...one Mojave male, three or four (I forget) Mojave females, aiming at getting Super Mojaves.

He had about thirty eggs that pipped. EVERY ONE was a Mojave. NO normals. NO Supers. And all but like two were males. LOL how's that for some stupid cruddy luck?! It worked great for me though, he was desperate to sell the last few (about eight left) so he halved the price and let me come into his snake room to pick out which one I wanted. :)

So yeah...if you don't get albinos right out of the gate...re-breed and cross fingers. :)

Latest posts

Back